ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LOWERING SPRINGS

anyone got any pics of lowered cups please more importantly where can i get the car lowered in chesterfield,sheffield area..reagrds to all fun loving ape people

Ad

MK2 FRS

You should have mentioned. Ive just had mine lowered 40mm mate. Not a cup, obviously, but would have given you an idea.

sh*t man gutted thought it looked low..thought it was the spliiter weighing you down lol..wot springs you got as i can get pi springs????? or 66 dont know who they are and if they are any good..think 40mm would look ace

Cups are 3mm lower and possibly with stiffer suspension? Guess the springs are different. I want to lower the mk1 by 30mm on stiffer springs. Probably Eibachs seeing as Ive not seen a bad word about them.

sorry paddy wot i mean is are the springs exactly the same but rhys has said the car is 3mm lower anyway???? need some pics if anyone has got any!!!!!

Ad

MK2 FRS

Ive got apex 40mm. Ive had the 1.216v versions on both of my clios and have been impressed by the quality. 40mm looks nice and gives a much better turn in, in my opinion. The wheels sit in the arches nicley. The rides is obviously a bit more bumpier, but in turns of hanlding is much improved. Got my springs off the forum, paid £40 inc P&P, months old like new. They retail at around £80, so new they are not too expensive and are £50 less than the eibachs.

Gonna get some pics, fitted the cup splitter, looks sweet, even my mum noticed the difference which is saying something, wasnt difficult to fit, did it by self with yellow pages to wedge it in place whilst I screwed it on!!!!

hi mate glad you got it fitted..get some pics asap as i would like to see the lowering stnace of the beast gutted i didnt see it the other nite...timo how much yuo want for the coilovers will they fit the cup...is there any art to fittings sprigs..does the car have to be set up afterwards or soemthing..sorry for spelling mistakes cant be arsed to correct lol...DOES THE CAMPBER HAVE TO BE ADJUSTED THROUGH THE ONES THAT KTEC CAN SUPPLY

Clio 1.6 16V

The AVO -40mm look good but on bumpier roads tend to bottom out on the 172/2. Recently got Eibach Pros to replace them which have minimal lowering but transform the stability and handling. The -40mm springs as admits says improve the turn in probably due to the lower C of G and the increased front camber at this height. I reckon the eibachs with additional camber adjusting bolts (K-Tec or others) will provide a formidable setup for all types of road/track at a reasonable cost. Lowering the car does not always improve the handling.