ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering

campus sport 1.2 16v
Basically i have a 1.2 and want to lower it, i have searched through the forum but dont seem to be finding any threads with what im looking for.

First things first im not too sure on how much to lower by, dont want to go stupidly low but want a good stance. So probably between 30-60mm

My budget isnt huge so im not sure what ill be able to get and is their any problems buying springs/shocks/coilovers 2nd hand?

As its only a 1.2 im sure performance wise wont be much different so im not sure weather to go for just springs, springs/shocks or coilovers.

Would it be worth buying 2nd hand coilovers for a few extra quid rather than brand new springs and shocks. Or shall i just buy some 2nd hand springs. Not too sure.

Amy help would be appreciated and pics would help.

thanks, will.

campus sport 1.2 16v
my budget isnt huge so would have to be 2nd hand, does this matter much or does it depend on how many miles they have covered?

K20 EG Hatch
Not really, when I had a 1.2 clio I put FK coilovers on mine. A friend went for a set of 60mm springs. The difference was massive and hers actually felt dangerous to drive at times!

Just go springs mate, anything else is a waste of money on a 1.2 trust me!

Ive read up to 60mm? without shortened shocks.

Id be going for Eibach sportlines or prolines for better suspension and a bit of lowering 25-35mm

It will just close the arch gap a bit and look better.

Apex springs for something like a 60mm drop but apparently the rides crashy.

If you want a big drop for show then coilovers it is.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Not really, when I had a 1.2 clio I put FK coilovers on mine. A friend went for a set of 60mm springs. The difference was massive and hers actually felt dangerous to drive at times!

Too low tbh you'd need shocks then.
I ran eibach springs -45mm on oem shocks and it was fecking fantastic.

Dont go mega cheap like spax or ebay, but i wouldnt waste your money on FK coilovers either.

Think how much they will cost you to buy, fit and adjust, and what else you could get for that money.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Too low tbh you'd need shocks then.

I ran 60mm springs on standard dampers on my old 1.2. I would never do it again. The ride was shite, didn't feel safe & it wrecks your dampers if they are on it too long.

If your going for springs get eibach sportlines. If you want it any lower than that then get some coilovers. Simple really! :)

campus sport 1.2 16v
think im going to get either eibatch prolines or sportlines, is the only difference between these that prolines drop 30mm n sportlines drop 45mm.

330i. E30 Touring.
Yeah, pretty much.

A set of sportlines doesn't make the car look slammed, but it's definitely a performance upgrade.

The drop stated is always bigger than you'll actually get though.