ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering

RENAULT CLIO 1.5DCI
Hi people, I have a renault clio dci and I'm looking to to lower it 30mm to 35mm but I want to know weather this drop will cause my wheels to scrub on wheel arches? I have 16" wheels on my car

has anyone done this and had any problems

Arctic 182FF
You won't be anywhere near scrubbing. I had a problem with scrubbing but that was when my non-sport was lowered way more than 30mm and spaced out 25mm a side at the back. Here's my dci that's been lowered 30mm on Eibachs:
clio_zps578a4a75.jpg

As you can see, nowhere near the arches.

1.4 dynamique (soon)
anyone know the lowest i can drop my 1.4 dynamique by with standard wheels and the most on 16 inchers? whats the process aswell? ive got no clue about it all and f**k knows anything about what a spacer is :(

Arctic 182FF
Spacers are shims that are placed between the wheel and the hub to which you bolt the wheel, they make the wheels sit further out.
I don't know the very most you can lower a non-sport. Why do you want it as low as possible? It will look broken and stupid, this is coming from someone who likes low cars too...

1.4 dynamique (soon)
no no no dont get me wrong slamming it down as much as you possibly can is rotten! was just wondering what the maximum is so i can work back from there as i only want her to be flush, dont like the massive gap between the wheel and arch

Arctic 182FF
Ah right ok. Best way to go about it would be to get a set of coilovers (suspension), they're adjustable so you can get it to exactly the ride height you want.