ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowest mileage for time owned

Peddled device

Sorry to say but my Cup has been with me for 13 months & lve only done 6400 miles:oops:
It cause l have a van for work which l dont pay for
:)
Sometimes l forget which dial is the rev counter & which is the speedo:p

Peddled device

They should both hold their value well then.....;)

[Edited by RALLYPUG on 4/18/2005 5:22:42 PM]

Hey! low mileage aint nothing to boast about :eek:
These cars are soooo fun to drive! all of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I was reading an article recently saying that low mileage cars often bring with them a false sense of security to buyers. Cars can get significant wear and tear from underuse, and apparently its often better to buy a car that has covered something more like an average yearly mileage. Then again yesterday in the Driving section of The Times they had a page on buying Micras, they were very keen to push the fact that you are better off with a car with a decent amount of miles on the clock, apparently under-used cars suffer with condensation build up and all sorts of problems.

I had always generally assumed lower mileage = better condition but after also reading that a car with 80k motorway miles would potentially be a much better buy than a car with 10k that has only really been driven around town (appaently brake pad wear/replacement is a good indicator of this), Ive been a lot more sceptical of low mileage vehicles.

All I can say is Ive done 20k in just over a year. And that has been 75% hard urban driving and the rest A roads and Motorways.

Not a single problem with it so far, needed about 8 new tyres as I seem to attract punctures and one indicator bulb blown. Not bad for a year of thrashing.

133/225/CLS AMG

My 172 is 18 months old (Nov 2003) and has literally just hit 12,000.

The missus bought her 2000 (x reg) Zetec-S at the same time and it only had 12,000 miles on it, its now just done 30,000.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Jon_1 on 18 April 2005

Hey! low mileage aint nothing to boast about :eek:
These cars are soooo fun to drive! all of you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Correct. As Yoz quite rightly pointed out to me, I need to get out more!!!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

oct 53 reg an 8k miles

work van an RS take my time, infact i drive it so little Richy from this site has it at the mo!

silver valver/hybrid

my valver was 7 years old when i bought it with 27k on it, 3 years with me it now has 77k!

Remapped derv Golf

On another note my friends had his Astra since Nov 04 and clocked up 18000.

Hes only insured for 6000 a year LOL!

RB182cup&golf gti

my ax has covered 67k in 15 years and the 182cup 2100 in the 5 months ive had it, but some of those cars listed above are seriously low mileage!