ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowest Mileage to have a Cambelt Service ?

BMW F21 125d
Had my 182's Cambelt & Aux Belt Service done today, and with only 26,700 miles on the clock, I wondered if I had the lowest mileage cambelt service done ? So who's car is around 5 years old, with less ?

To the haters, I'm aware cars are meant to be driven, but living 1.5 miles from work doesnt help my cause! :rasp:

200 Gordini
Had my 182's Cambelt & Aux Belt Service done today, and with only 26,700 miles on the clock, I wondered if I had the lowest mileage cambelt service done ? So who's car is around 5 years old, with less ?

To the haters, I'm aware cars are meant to be driven, but living 1.5 miles from work doesnt help my cause! :rasp:

Well, you wont be.. mines on 25k, five years old in January and im just waiting to be booked in for both belts :)

My 51 plate 172 got its second cambelt changed at 32k, since it was coming up to 9 years and it was a bargaining tool when I bought the car, don't really know if it needed it or not but best to get it done.

WANTED Arctic 182
My car is on 32000 miles but isn't 5 years old until next May. Thinking of getting both belts done soonish though.

Evo
My cambelt was changed at 1850 miles, i dont think anyone can beat that 2bh.

Reason: new cams and the engine builder advised me to use a new one.

It's A Reno
Mine was done at 28k, and is now on 29.5k and it's a 53 plater.

Just realised that my car has done 1500 miles this year. :eek:

Last edited:
  BMW F21 125d
My OP was wrong, its actually 25,700 - only doing 5500 miles a year myself.

But BenR1 nips it on mileage, but thats not a genuine service interval change..

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Gaz just got his 15k 03 plate cup done. Thats got to be in with a shout!

as john said my 03 cup just got done last friday 17k miles on the clock.

Lowest mileage on a 172cup? I must have a good shout at that since the vee has beaten me to this one!:cool:

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
That's impressive. :approve:

My gf has got a Suzuki Cappuccino with 40k on the clock and it is nearly 17 years old.
One sold about a year ago with 5k on the clock. :eek:

yeah seen it and instantly bought it, had a few wee imperfections that im slowly sorting out. most are done now.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
The dilemma is I imagine, do you let the miles rack up or keep them nice and low?

I bought it to enjoy it :) so what ever miles i do, it will be added. Unless I get a nice bonus and can have it as a second car ;)