ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowfuel warning light....

Clio 1.5 DCI
Right wel driving home this evening the low fuel level light has come on. I have 1/6th of a tank left (over 75 miles of juce in a DCI) and its on. Could this be a bad earth or signs of a dodgy sensor?

Any clues people?

Clio 1.5 DCI
Its only even come on before when the needle has gone into the red and i know there is still plenty in there. Are they prown to being fualty at all? or could it mean somthning else?

Clio 1.5 DCI
Ok so just put £10 of diesel in it and its gone off. So obviously not a fault but why on earth would it suddenly come on way way earlier after a year of coming on only when into the red??

Golf GTD Mk7
Its only even come on before when the needle has gone into the red and i know there is still plenty in there. Are they prown to being fualty at all? or could it mean somthning else?

It depends how you are driving mate. If you have been driving slight more spirited than usual the fuel light will come on sooner. Does on mine anyway. Its not really a big issue really. Just make sure you have diesel in it. Put it down to being a renault.

Clio 1.5 DCI
It depends how you are driving mate. If you have been driving slight more spirited than usual the fuel light will come on sooner. Does on mine anyway. Its not really a big issue really. Just make sure you have diesel in it. Put it down to being a renault.

I see what your saying, but does the light not work off the same fuel level sensor as the gauge? They must work off different readings surley? Ie. if i drive more spiritedly should this not be reflected in both the fuel gauge and eventually the fuel light... not just one or the other lol.