ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lpg 172 what ever next.

clio 182 cup
has anyone else out there got an lpg 172?

Attachments

• 14-01-07_0250.jpg
    14-01-07_0250.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 14-01-07_0251.jpg
    14-01-07_0251.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 112
  clio 182 cup
it dont make no difference to the performance. I had that worry before having it fitted. The guy who fitted it reasured me there would be no difference and he was right. the best thing is i can have a heavy right foot and not worry about the cost, as i only pay 32pence per litre.

LOL how much does the conversion cost though... is it really worht it?

Fuel half price or so. SO assuming 30mpg on both gases (its a bit less on lpg but not huge and assuming 45p a ltier for LPg (a bit high but compensates for the fast its lower mpg) and 90p for petrol then ever 1k you'll save £67 not a huge amount realy 20k will just cover your costs.

However if you drive hard (ie 20mpg or so) you'll break even in 16k. The extra you sell the car for (after all cars doing the equivalent of 50~60mpg) is profit plus the extra milage after 20k is money n your pocket.

You might fine the system need servicing ever now and again a work collegue has his servied at every MOT costs a bit more but nothing huge. Cheaper road fund also.

clio 182 cup
i have just broken even now . with the cost of conversion. everything now saving me money on fuel costs. Edde you said your mate is also saving on road fund license. is he running a 172 also, as i am still paying full duty.

Edde you said your mate is also saving on road fund license. is he running a 172 also, as i am still paying full duty.
Nope its a Honda he's got its an old conversion so not fully registered or something I forget what but apparently he could.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
very tempting, but where would i put the filler on a racing blue?