ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lucky to be Alive

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Didnt think Clios were exactly safe to be in. I could think of better cars to be in when that happens.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 13 January 2005

Didnt think Clios were exactly safe to be in. I could think of better cars to be in when that happens.

I think that Clios are pretty strong in crashes and I know of three people who have rolled the older style Cios (one guy did it to two Clios) and all escaped unhurt.

Do you remember the Clio, about N reg, a few months ago that rolled over a cliff with four girls in, the driver only having passed her test that day? It rolled over several times, the girls said it felt like being in a washing machine, yet it landed on a rock at the bottom of the cliff and all got out and only the driver had a sore foot but nothing major.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I know two people in a Williams that spun at low speed and hit a tree. The car had to be cut in two to get the passenger out. Hed smashed his leg to peices, pelvis, ribs, arms. The driver busted his knee, foot and a few other things.

The passenger was in a coma for a few days and hasnt worked in the 4 years since due to the extent of the damage to his leg.

On the bright side, he got a hell of alot of compensation out of it!

Yaris Hybrid

I could tell before I got to page 2 that he had been seriously speeding.

The passenger could claim on the drivers insurance but "I was just looking at my phone and didnt see nothin your honour" aint gonna pass I am afraid!

You dont look at your phone when your mate is driving an old crate like that at a tonne....

I wondered that too, is the guy saying that by the time he looked back up from his phone, which must have been all of a 1/4 second after the anchors were stood on, that the danger had passed and the driver had been trying to avoid a collision with an unseen fly?

Looks to have been a nasty crash regardless. They are very lucky indeed...whatever they were up to...

Black Gold 182

I was very glad to be driving a Clio (Cup) when someone decided to pull out on me on a dual carriageway - it without doubt saved my life, Im just very sorry the same cant be said for the other party involved :(

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

The clio (old and new) seem to be very good in a crash (which is a very good thing).

Seen a lot of pics on this site of both types of clio that have been in big smashes and everyone was pretty much ok.

I walked away unhurt from a big-ish crash in A Ford Fiesta. All cars sort of P-Reg on wards are much stronger and better designed than older cars (with the exception of your older luxury / more expensive etc).

I think if I had been in a car a ocuple of years older, although the damage may not have looked as bad, I think I would have been much more seriously hurt.