ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lumpy Idle....coil pack?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
After replacing the injector the other week sometimes there is a bit of a lumpy idle when cold. Doesn't do it all the time, think its done it about twice since replacing the injector. Idles at just under 1k and it bounces around a little, like an RS2000 does. Then the EML started to flash after about 5mins of this odd idle. I got angry and swore quite loudly. Turned the car off (was flashing for no more than 10 seconds) left it for a moment and fired it back up and the EML is off and it has been fine, not done this odd idle. Car has perfromed fine and pulls well and still getting +40mpg on the motorway

Is this the lumpy idle sign of a coil pack going? And how would this cause the flashing EML to happen as isn't this injector? Coil pack is the original one, can't find any paper work to suggest it was replaced, so at 167k miles it is old!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
flashing eml is injector.
I know that, that is what happened before when I had to change the injector. But I thought the lumpy idle was coil pack, but why would the EML start flashing if the coil pack is dodgey? Car was left idling for a bout 5 mins before the EML started to flash
I checked all the connections to the injectors and they all seem fine (think the last injector broke from a nakard connection and then the connector came unplugged last week).
These engine issues are starting to get on my nerves!!! Having epic problems.

dan's cast offs.
it won't. will flash for an injector. not saying there isn't also an issue with coilpack etc.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
it won't. will flash for an injector. not saying there isn't also an issue with coilpack etc.
I thought so too! Please don't be another injector as it is such a pain.
Hmm...may change the coil pack anyway to see. But these symptoms are different to what I have had before so I thinking was I fixed that and something else has cropped up

dan's cast offs.
injector is easy to change. 90% of rough idle i've come across has been down to leads.

injector is easy to change. 90% of rough idle i've come across has been down to leads.

This. Injector is piece of cake. Did all 4 of mine in under half hour..managed to do it without taking off the fuel supply thus not breeaking the o ring