ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lumpy idle

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Yup lumpy idle in 1.2 16v.,

common problem, ive tried everything. still get it.

Renault have tried everything from replace the injection computer to the smallest things.

No way rnd it so they put it down to a charcheteristic if the motor

ex Clio 172 owner :(

common problem with saxos too, mine does it a lot. running optimax/S+ helps. people on saxo group reckon its lambda sensor thats normally the cause. never had mine done yet.

Skoda Fabia vRS

ask for your ECU to be updated to the latest version...

this has fixed the idle problem for a lot of people on here

mines had the latest updates and still does it. they just blame a combination of "its meant to do that" and "its that exhaust youve got on there".

just learn to live with it mate! lol

mine was barely over 500rpm at idle the other night for a while - i just try to ignore it now but it used to drive me berserk when i first bought the car and discovered it was like that.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

slightly lumpy idle is normal but your idle speed seems to low so indicating a problem. poss a software issue.

the thing is we dont think of that when we buy them new! its after 2 or 3 years when things start breaking and falling off and we wish we had a toyota or honda. japs go on forever!