ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lurker finally joined and need help

Clio Campus Sport
Hi all,

Been lurking for a few weeks now, bought a Clio Campus Sport (2007) off an acquaintance as a non runner a couple of weeks back.

Needed a new battery so took it to a mechanic and that was done on day one, immobiliser light was flashing with the key and only making a clicking sound when trying to start it. Got a brand new key done and now the light is solid on with that key, old key still flashes even after being reprogrammed.

Everything else works; central locking with the key button, wipers, indicators etc etc.

Is there a definitive list of what I can try to fix it, really don't want to add another clio to the scrap pile if I can help it.

I bought the haynes manuals and found the car handbook online, so should be able to figure out what you're talking about, hopefully!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it’s just clicking the starter motor is probably jammed.
The red light flashing/not flashing is a separate issue. The immobiliser cuts the fuel pump so it should still turn over.

Clio Campus Sport
The battery was just replaced by the mechanic and everything else works so I'm guessing so, will double check they're tight though.

Is the starter motor jammed a fix or a replace, spotted a working one for sale. I'm guessing the mechanic should have known to check that and either couldn't be bothered or I need a new mechanic 😅