ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY 200 EDC Last Of 2017

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
2017-12-29_02-34-17.jpg
2017-12-29_02-34-55.jpg
2017-12-29_02-36-39.jpg
2017-12-29_02-37-26.jpg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Thanks gents, the first photo is my favourite.

I'm a point and shoot picture taker so the locations I choose and positions I take the picture have to help me out massively. I like a good backdrop, the case in point on the first photo is the simplicity and almost symmetric. I'm severely lacking in equipment and knowledge or understanding of how a camera works.... But seem to get by, 2018 I'd like to be more involved.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I usually manage to work out where your pictures are taken but this time I'm stumped... first thought college car park but pillars seem too far apart? Walked past your car this afternoon and even in the dark the colour looks awesome reflecting off the street lights :)

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I usually manage to work out where your pictures are taken but this time I'm stumped... first thought college car park but pillars seem too far apart? Walked past your car this afternoon and even in the dark the colour looks awesome reflecting off the street lights :smile:
I've not washed it for a while, the car park is on Victoria Avenue

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Looks amazing!

Are you glad you went with white now?
In one way yes, it seems to match LY in a strange but good way.

In another, not sure! As once the spoiler is fitted I'm left with the nice dilemma of what colour to paint it and will it go with the wheels.

I'm ordering wheel studs so I popped over to my sisters where the wheels are to take measurements of the wheels, wheel bolts etc. As there was a meet today I ended up fitting them all on to make sure 100% everything worked well with the machine work done to the wheels, tyres all true, and the wheels balanced nicely.... To which they were, so I'll leave them on for a week or so.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
In one way yes, it seems to match LY in a strange but good way.

In another, not sure! As once the spoiler is fitted I'm left with the nice dilemma of what colour to paint it and will it go with the wheels.

I'm ordering wheel studs so I popped over to my sisters where the wheels are to take measurements of the wheels, wheel bolts etc. As there was a meet today I ended up fitting them all on to make sure 100% everything worked well with the machine work done to the wheels, tyres all true, and the wheels balanced nicely.... To which they were, so I'll leave them on for a week or so.

The spoiler will look brilliant in liquid yellow, black or any other colour could look a bit chav and ruin the whole car I think

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Great pics. It does look smart on the white wheels. I'd paint the spoiler yellow and then get it wrapped if you fancy it different. That way it's easily reversible.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I have to admit everytime I walk out to go to work and see the Clio it does look good on the white. I don't really want to paint the spoiler more than once but appreciate everyone's feedback on going LY. My main concern was (it could go both ways I guess) is that it's too much LY with a bigger spoiler, my thinking was something different to break it up. Or in LY it's in keeping with the rest of the car with the white wheels being the only difference.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi Richard spoke to Tony about the spoiler needs to be painted before fitting, would white look right when you put the black wheels back on ? I’ve asked about a black roof and it means taking the Ariel out etc and they didn’t seem keen on that :)

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Hi Richard spoke to Tony about the spoiler needs to be painted before fitting, would white look right when you put the black wheels back on ? I’ve asked about a black roof and it means taking the Ariel out etc and they didn’t seem keen on that :smile:
LY would probably look better with the black wheels. The white wheels are supposed to be trackday wheels but the more I look at them the more I'm thinking of keeping them on.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I thinking have the spoiler in LY would tie in with the rest of the car. Going white would be a no-no for me, as I think it would cheapen the whole thing. Have it painted white, then maybe have the blade wrapped in black or grey if you fancied some contrast? Easily reversible and still quite subtle too.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Erm, a white spoiler was never on the cards. Either LY, grey or black like the RS16 above but LY is edging it....

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Probably right. The whole package including decals and wheels just looks good.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
That’s not too bad tbh

I think it’s been said, but have the spoiler done yellow then have it wrapped with the roof?
As a 2 tone like the RS16? I'm getting confused now there's so many variables :smile: