ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M O f**king T’s

I am as depressed as you like today my car has well and truly failed its MOT even a dodgy MOT cos he couldnt pass it - its undrivable!

roll bar bushes have gone

no rear brakes at all!!

nothing to stock the shock coming through the bonnet

gear engine mount gone

and i could go on thats without my windscreen!

so no driving for me this weekend :( sposed to be goin southend cos fast car are there well thats the end of that :(

just annoys me that this always happens when i need my car and as most of you know i only drive my car once in a blue moon typical....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Not really that bad is it?

Not like you have terminal rust or anything.

No luckily my Dad said he would do it for me otherwise it could be pretty expensive still just really annoying and i was pretty upset :(

thanks hun

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 05 February 2004

Not really that bad is it?

Not like you have terminal rust or anything.
Tom its not bad til its your car and im just really disappointed cos its one thing after another and i cant afford it

Yeah it could be a lot worse i know but when you had made plans and your fecking car does that its annoying

172, Tiguan

Dont worry Vix, dissapointing, but nothing completely major as Tom says.

Youll get your car back soon!

Just one point! You didnt notice you didnt have any rear brakes!

I did notice that my brakes were really sh*te and i spoke to alex about it and he said hes were too its just RT brakes cos he changed his to 16v brakes so i just assumed they needed upgrading

My car stood around a lot before i bought it so i think they are just seized up

yeah i know thanks ppl :)

Sorry to hear that Powelly :(

You could still goto southend - i dont think its major offense to drive without an MOT, ive done it loads of times (bad i know) but if youve forgotten your MOT is due - what are you to do? Police will give you so many days to get it sorted.

On the down side, if you have a smack your insurance is void. Thats when its time to find not only a dodgy MOT but a back dated one. I know someone that can sort you one for £50 - i wouldnt recommend it tho. Best getting it sorted, you & your car will feel much better for it. (if we go on ay cruises in the future please can you keep infornt of me and not behind)

hehe thanks james ;)

it is not drivable at all the suspension leg will end up through my bonnet and my brakes are completely knackered and also there is no way my dad would let me drive it!! hehe

its best to get it sorted and as someone said best to find out now rather than later when im driving it

i am still goin to southy just in dans car :( but oh well they will have to wait for my car like alexs hehe!!

vix :)

dont worry Vix me and u will jus av to let Fastcar wait for us!

if u need nething hun parts, helpin hand, a shoulder to cry on u know im here!

hehe!! were worth waiting for :)

thanks sweetie you will have to put up with me getting wrecked tomorrow night so that will be enough lmao!!

:)

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

I was reading on some websites about MOTs and as far as i could gather, you should still be insured, though in the event they write it off they wont give you list price as you cant garuntee its road worthy. Driving without an MOT shouldnt get you points/endorsements but i think you are liable for a fine up to £1000 (though it is usually based on the state of the car)

that is typical of mots! i dont mean to sound harsh but how can u let ure car get that bad? lol

the moral of the story is to regulaly check the little things then it dontall come at once!

yeah i wouldnt drive without it anyway especially in southend really not worth it!! lol

h3lter its only just happened lol!! the brakes were checked at the last MOT and have all been replaced since but i think where i only drive my car to shows etc they have seized up like i said

i only drive 1500 miles a year so its not really anything i have to worry about it gets checked before i go to shows and when i get back every time without fail make sure everythings ok etc cos my dads a mechanic so nothing to do with that mate these things just happen i jsut havent been out in it properly since october so thats why

its happens to everyones cars you cant stop them i thought you would know that all it is is all the rubbers have given up the ghost and have to be replaced so dont tell me i dont look after my car

thanks rant over :p

vix ;)

owwwhhhh i like girls with a bit of bite lol!

who would of thought not drivin your car can damage it more that been init 24/7! never thought of it that way lol!

i was in my clio 24/7 and killed it in 20 weeks! lol, was worth 7500 and in 2 weeks it was worth 500 lmao!

waitin on loan to get my new one just hop i dont make the same mistake!

lol!! ;)

i am very protective of my car hehe!!

yeah i know but unfortunately it is true! regular mileage is the best way to go i just dont have a need for a car other than shows etc so i dont like to drive it round its pretty low etc so not really a car you can run around in lol!

lol!! blimey hehe!!

what car you getting clio? or is that a silly question lol!

vix :)

it is cos it only goes to shows and southend and occasionaly to aprils or alexs lol!!

its not really the sort of car you can go shopping in lol!!!