ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M.O.T (fail)... help please...

Clio 1.8 RSi
Hey all.. just put n-reg rsi through its mot today, few little bit to fix which i knew of before, but the main problem was emissions :S

004: exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content at idle excessive

005: exhaust emission lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specific limits

006: exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive

Fast Idle Test:

2852 RPM
CO: <0.30% vol - 6.60%vol FAIL

0.970-1.030 - 0.831 FAIL

Second Fast Idle Test:

2818 RPM
CO: <0.30% vol - 4.94%vol FAIL

0.970-1.030 - 0.883 FAIL

Natural Idle Test:

789 RPM
CO: <0.50& vol - 4.67%vol FAIL

Now, to resolve these very high emissions, what needs to be done ??? i know bits but im not a mechanic, i would assume:

New CAT
Lambda Sensor
Service (change/clean filters, oil change, check spark plugs)

Any help would be much apreciated..

Clio 1.8 RSi
Also just read another previous thread about warming car up before mot emissions? I havnt run the clio in a week if that helps (other than 6miles to mot station)

Thanks

S13
Mot fail?

garage-fail.jpg

I think it's always best to make sure the car's fully up to temperature before they do the test, so ideally take it somewhere they won't leave it standing all morning.

I've also heard that sticking some of that Redex stuff in the tank before you take it in may help, but that's not 100% guaranteed...

Clio 1.8 RSi
Yeah when i re-book it i'll warm it up first, and emissions should be done within 10-15mins as only 3 other little bits to re-test. and i'll look into that thanks m8, and yea looking at that picture things could be worse lol :p

Any one else got any idea's ?

Cheers.