ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M.O.T, loose headlight

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Well I was in a crash a couple of months back, which knocked my headlight out of it's socket and broke both the...things holding it in place.

It is jimmy'd in with tape and glue. Still fully works and it is pretty solidly stuck in, but I'm thinking I could fail on that.

Anybody confirm this?

rps13
I failed on this in my old clio, just make sure it's secure and if you can hide the break (top plastic bit?)with some silicone or something.

They'l be less inclined to pull things about if it's not jerry rigged with lolly sticks.

Za**** & Xr250R
Yes i think it will fail an mot as the headlight won't be aiming correctly, the best thing to do is have a pre mot and they will tell you what's a fail and what 's not !!!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I used Araldite on my headlight fixings, really secured it. Last owner had done it as well and that had passed MOT fine.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Yeah it was Araldite, that was the glue. Unfortunately that went a bit wrong as you'll see here lol:

20039de.jpg

RB 182 cup
Yes i think it will fail an mot as the headlight won't be aiming correctly, the best thing to do is have a pre mot and they will tell you what's a fail and what 's not !!!

why not just take if for an mot??? if it fails then it fails most places do a free retest anyway.

never have understood why people pay to have a pre mot lol

corsa ecoflex
depends really what the tester is like...ive seen headlamps fail for less than that...could also fail because you have glue on the glass

172 clio ph1
If that is all that you think is wrong with it I would take it for mot and see. If it fails then sort it then as I don't think anyone charges for restests anymore. I have asked my hubby and he says it could fail but would be tester's choice, although its more likely the pattern and aim are going to be affected.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Well it passed! \o/

The guy I take it too joey'd the light to make it stay in place before taking it to the test centre where it passed with flying colours!

Booking it in for a basic service next month when I can afford it.

Damn I love this car, 11,000 miles and it's cost me the basics (fuel, service, M.O.T) but other than that absolutely no problems (apart from exhaust splitting in the middle, £60 but that was my fault for pushing it on a long journey).

Who says Renolts aren't reliable? :smug: