ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M100CUP goes hardcore

Rb 182
Oh and almost forgot. Electric power steering has been fitted and for general moving the car around and driving on the road it’s so much better. I think I prefer the hydraulic steering for feel but for the advantages I think it’s worth it. Plus my power steering pipes and pump took the brunt of the impact.

View attachment 1502809

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the same reason I changed to EPAS, the hydraulic feels much better but the EPAS removes another fail point of the cars.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve made a few life choices recently which means I’ll hopefully be using this car more over the summer having used it only 2-3 times last year.

1) I got rid of the daily BMW. It’s freed up a load of cash and I have the clio, classic mini and a VW T4 van that is pretty much finished.

2) I’ve changed jobs. No more working in london when things open back up. Means I’ll have the same amount of time after work as I’ve had over the last year. Which means I can have something old and cool and not worry that I don’t have the time to keep on top if it.

3) my misses really wants to save a bit more money. Keeps on saying something about Disney world and how we need to put more savings away.

Overall. That’s lead me to a place where I want to use the clio more. But probably not competitively this year. Instead I’ll get a carpet back in. Maybe a stereo and use it a bit on the road and definitely on local track / test days.

I had a track day today at Forrestburn. Before going along I needed to get the clio MOTd.

The mot tester got a bit fussy about it not having seatbelts or an airbag so I had to refit those.

While I was at it. I cleaned the belts up using some hot water and vanish stain remover.

b6c13905444650f23d92892a7787edab.jpg

While the aftermarket wheel was off I got it cleaned up as well.

35c63289efb7837dd4f851e56e768782.jpg

Also considered what I do with the centre now I have a horn stalk. I considered for a minute spending £50 on this. Or even a new Renault sport wheel.

bcc52801d84374a343e18dfb8f30ccd1.png

But instead printed something on photo paper and cut it to shape. Better than a big hole. Will do just now.
362fdf6494672c5b3e0f77e0df474928.jpg

Then it was off to Forrestburn for a track day. Incredible value this. About £20 membership for the year. £35 for the track day which is open pit from 11am to 3pm. I got around 20 runs today and no real problems to deal with.

fa283424db7f58ef232d9f95455744ba.jpg

The weather was perfect. 20 degrees and sunny all day. Some nice cars there as well. A few saxos. 3 classic minis abs one GTM kit car. As well as some young drivers (14 year old ish) doing some young driver stuff in aygos / c1s.

After starting off easy with runs around 56s I started to push a bit to see how quick I could go.

Final 10 runs were all getting in consistent 54s and eventually I got a just sub 54s runs with 53.6 the best of the day.

Next up. I’ll need to get some new tyres. And I’ll be looking out for Forrestburn and Kames track days over the next few months.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve made a few life choices recently which means I’ll hopefully be using this car more over the summer having used it only 2-3 times last year.

1) I got rid of the daily BMW. It’s freed up a load of cash and I have the clio, classic mini and a VW T4 van that is pretty much finished.

2) I’ve changed jobs. No more working in london when things open back up. Means I’ll have the same amount of time after work as I’ve had over the last year. Which means I can have something old and cool and not worry that I don’t have the time to keep on top if it.

3) my misses really wants to save a bit more money. Keeps on saying something about Disney world and how we need to put more savings away.

Overall. That’s lead me to a place where I want to use the clio more. But probably not competitively this year. Instead I’ll get a carpet back in. Maybe a stereo and use it a bit on the road and definitely on local track / test days.

I had a track day today at Forrestburn. Before going along I needed to get the clio MOTd.

The mot tester got a bit fussy about it not having seatbelts or an airbag so I had to refit those.

While I was at it. I cleaned the belts up using some hot water and vanish stain remover.

View attachment 1541120

While the aftermarket wheel was off I got it cleaned up as well.

View attachment 1541121

Also considered what I do with the centre now I have a horn stalk. I considered for a minute spending £50 on this. Or even a new Renault sport wheel.

View attachment 1541122

But instead printed something on photo paper and cut it to shape. Better than a big hole. Will do just now.
View attachment 1541123

Then it was off to Forrestburn for a track day. Incredible value this. About £20 membership for the year. £35 for the track day which is open pit from 11am to 3pm. I got around 20 runs today and no real problems to deal with.

View attachment 1541124

The weather was perfect. 20 degrees and sunny all day. Some nice cars there as well. A few saxos. 3 classic minis abs one GTM kit car. As well as some young drivers (14 year old ish) doing some young driver stuff in aygos / c1s.

After starting off easy with runs around 56s I started to push a bit to see how quick I could go.

Final 10 runs were all getting in consistent 54s and eventually I got a just sub 54s runs with 53.6 the best of the day.

Next up. I’ll need to get some new tyres. And I’ll be looking out for Forrestburn and Kames track days over the next few months.

At about 0:55 where you shift into first then boot it near the apex and it seems to just grip and go... thats a great example of what an LSD does for these, mine would just immediately set fire to the inside tyre.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
At about 0:55 where you shift into first then boot it near the apex and it seems to just grip and go... thats a great example of what an LSD does for these, mine would just immediately set fire to the inside tyre.

It’s very good. So much better than my black gold 182.

It’s an ATB so would love to try a car with a gripper on that hill to see what the difference is.