ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

///M3 - a couple of new mods.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
First up was a CSL carbon rear diffuser, still need to get the surround to it sprayed up in the next week or so, but should look a lot nicer from the back.

IMG_2612.gif

IMG_2613.gif

Then managed to get a set of springs for it and fitted today, dropped it a lot more than I expected!
Not sure if it's a bit too low, scrapes going into one of our units at work which is not good :(

IMG_2640.gif

IMG_2638.gif

IMG_2641.gif

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
It doesn't look as drug dealerish in person, but I do get why people say it to be honest.
The wheels are anthracite but just pretty dirty at the minute so look darker; they're only winter wheels too.

Personally I want it to be higher up on some really shiny silver wheels, so will probably go down that route next!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Fresh (i.e.: legal) plates would make that look a billion times cleaner I think :S

They look a tad naff IMO.

Carbon looks good up close though....

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
The wheels are grey, doofus.

I agree, silver 19's and that would look lovely.

Lol!
Wheels will stay as they are until next year when the weather brightens up a bit. Although I could either stick with these silver, refurb one of my sets of 18's, some CSL's or some BBS RS reps. We'll see.

Rides surprisingly well too, just the scraping from bumper that's not good!

Love the shape of these, have so much presence on the road as well. Like it's poised to pounce, same with Mercs C55 of the same age.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Springs are coming off on Tuesday, shame but I can't live with the car that low, takes all the fun out of driving for me now :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't like the diffuser, totally removing the classiness of the car. Reminds me of people painting/vinyl'ing their 182 rear bumpers to make it look like a diffuser.

Good shout with the springs off though. Wheels will look superb once Silver.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I don't like the diffuser, totally removing the classiness of the car. Reminds me of people painting/vinyl'ing their 182 rear bumpers to make it look like a diffuser.

Good shout with the springs off though. Wheels will look superb once Silver.

Thanks dude.
The diffuser will be painted silver for the most part, only the carbon surround for the exhaust will remain carbon, I was just too impatient to get it on the car and have a look rather than waiting for it to be painted. Will be a lot more subtle once done.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
It's a good 25mm lower on the rear than in the pics above, they've sagged that much!
Rear arches scrape if you drive over a matchstick sized obstacle.

You can't even get your fingers between the arch and the rear tyres, not even the pinky!

Completely undriveable and I've ruined the car :(
At least I only have to wait until Tuesday for it to be sorted, and it can;t come soon enough.

Admittedly it does look amazing, but completely impractical; especially as I use it every single day to and from building sites and on shite roads.

BMW F21 125d
What springs were they Joe, Intrax?

For me, wheel wise it has to be the standard 19's, if you can stand the mither get them mirror polished, if not just get them power coated shadow chrome like mine were. Looked OEM like diamond cut but no mither at all and easy to keep clean.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL at some of the not reading in here.

Shame the springs ruined it, what were they? Better branded ones not an option?

The diffuser will look brilliant when painted and if you get it on some awesome wheels, with a subtle drop, I'll love you forever.

CSL's, you know it makes sense.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I think the carbon's taking the car in a bad direction.

Also, to be pedantic, it's a simple rear bumper trim isn't it? Doesn't look even remotely like a diffuser.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Love the springs and "diffuser"

The thing is, with the dark wheels it now looks a bit... chavvy. :eek:

OEM wheels or silver CSL's and that'd be awesome.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I actually really like that :eek:

Think silver wheels are a good option though.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Are you getting a different set of springs? And do you plan on oem polished wheels?

Standard springs going back on, will just get some coilovers in the new year and do the job properly. Probably not polished, just a really bright flakey silver I think.

What springs were they Joe, Intrax?

For me, wheel wise it has to be the standard 19's, if you can stand the mither get them mirror polished, if not just get them power coated shadow chrome like mine were. Looked OEM like diamond cut but no mither at all and easy to keep clean.

Apex springs Dave, not the best I know but didn't pay much for them and thought I'd try them!

LOL at some of the not reading in here.

Shame the springs ruined it, what were they? Better branded ones not an option?

The diffuser will look brilliant when painted and if you get it on some awesome wheels, with a subtle drop, I'll love you forever.

CSL's, you know it makes sense.

Apex dude, so nothing great but as above they were cheap and I thought I'd give them a bash as an impulse buy.
Will go for some coilovers I think, and either some CSL's or stick with the OEM 19's in a bright silver.

I think the carbon's taking the car in a bad direction.

Also, to be pedantic, it's a simple rear bumper trim isn't it? Doesn't look even remotely like a diffuser.

Not sure how a bad direction? Once painted it will be very subtle but look good?
Not too sure on the 'duffuser' side of things, just what they're known as on the M3 forum so I'm following suit!

Love the springs and "diffuser"

The thing is, with the dark wheels it now looks a bit... chavvy. :eek:

OEM wheels or silver CSL's and that'd be awesome.

Yeah the local gangster indians near my work seem to love it, so it's definately not gone how I wanted it!
As above, coilovers with a subtle drop, shiny silver wheels and I'm back on the straight and narrow!

As usual I bought the M3 thinking I'd do nothing to it since it's perfect out of the box but always end up messing about as usual, will just try to do it properly than skimping on some 'bargain' springs on impulse!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Put the 18's back on today to give me a bit of clearance so I can drive it to the garage on Tuesday.
Nipped round the block for a couple more pictures.

The rear tyres have rubbed right through the paint on the rear, so will have to get that sealed. Only done about 23 miles in it since fitting the springs so it's soon caused damage.

Drives a lot better on the 18's though, no catching or rubbing etc.

IMG_2657.gif

IMG_2672.gif

IMG_2669.gif

IMG_2665.gif

IMG_2662.gif

IMG_2660.gif