ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M3 CSL - Meets Brazo and Rich!

106 GTi
Was picked up bright and early this morning by Mark (Brazo) to go and do this earlier.

9 hours later ...

IMG_9845.jpg

IMG_9846.jpg

IMG_9849.jpg

IMG_9847.jpg

106 GTi
The Process.

Bodywork washed with QEW ( quick and easy wash) Waterless wash.
Wheels and arches using Car Soap and water, AG engien and machine cleaner and Meguiars APC and various Brushes.
All Metal Panels - Rotary Polished with Menzerna Intensive Polish.
Plastic and Carbon Fibre Panels with the PC , Light Cut Pad and Poorboys SSR 2.5
Whole Car PC polished with Merzerna Final Polish 2.
Sealed with Zaino sealant x3 layers.
Waxed with Pinnacle Souveran.
Wheels polished and sealed with AG SRP and EGP.
Tyres dressed with Autoglym Rubber plus topped with AG Vinyl and Rubber care.
Wheel arches dressed with AG Vinyl and Rubber care.
Glass Cleaned.
All trim and details, vents etc Quick Detailed
Exhausts polished with wire wool and Megs NXT metal polish.

Glad it had two off us on it!

106 GTi
R9DCG said:
Rich looks awesome a credit to you and mark,but no tree shots?
What was your process and products?

No trees in the Warehouse for Mark ... He was upset!

Process posted at the same time as you posted above.

106 GTi
Looking good Alan.

David - Paint was hard to correct (Mark did the Rotary work, I did the PC stuff)

Some areas took 3 lots of Rotary applications.

Rich said:
Looking good Alan.

David - Paint was hard to correct (Mark did the Rotary work, I did the PC stuff)

Some areas took 3 lots of Rotary applications.
Got a bmw myself ,with the site taking off and detailing alans ive not had time yet,awesome job though looks great

106 GTi
R9DCG said:
Got a bmw myself ,with the site taking off and detailing alans ive not had time yet,awesome job though looks great

Cheers David, took some time with two off us on it. Mark said without a rotary there would have been trouble.

106 GTi
M1TCH said:
christ thats clean!!

what was this all in aid of?

Owner want the removing of all the swirls etc, to get it in A1 condition. Like most cars dealers etc had swirled up the finish, poorly machine polished in the past.

Cheers for the comments guys.

i really need some tuition for swirl removing with the PC

where's the after pics of the m3 then rich? ;):clown:

106 GTi
The Rotary was used to remove the swirls on this one mainly (PC on the plastic can carbon though)

You need one of Brazos DVD's Guy. (though after today all I learnt from him is how to splatter polish everywhere ;) )

Decent pressure, 4 inch pads, slow movement of the machine are what is needed to remove defects with the PC.

Will go back and get some after pics for you!

Rich said:
The Rotary was used to remove the swirls on this one mainly (PC on the plastic can carbon though)

You need one of Brazos DVD's Guy. (though after today all I learnt from him is how to splatter polish everywhere ;) )

Decent pressure, 4 inch pads, slow movement of the machine are what is needed to remove defects with the PC.

Will go back and get some after pics for you!

whats the status with these dvd's then??

they ready to purchase now? cost?

Skoda Fabia vRS
they are, ive got one, watched it last night, know a lot more now so that i can use it properly when we finally get some good weather

RB 182
Looks brilliant, nice to see something different for a change.

David - At least you managed to get a tree shot ;) Have you got a thread of the processes and products you used on Alan's car?

Cheers guys was a gruelling 18 hours (joint) for Rich and I but well worth it in the end.

Only thing is Rich wants to spend his money on menzerna and zaino products lol

106 GTi
brazo said:
Cheers guys was a gruelling 18 hours (joint) for Rich and I but well worth it in the end.

Only thing is Rich wants to spend his money on menzerna and zaino products lol

The more I think about it they are both a must! :eek:

LOL The Z was ace, its on DW if you want to post up thour thoughts, my pics were crap so I nicked yours!

106 GTi
Na much better when the Souveran went on!

Please tell me you took one of the roof I forgot :(

I will take a look now Splatterboy ;) ... You got Loony to tidy up after you today still!

benclelland said:
Looks brilliant, nice to see something different for a change.

David - At least you managed to get a tree shot ;) Have you got a thread of the processes and products you used on Alan's car?
Washed with Extreme body wash n wax
Clayed using chemical guys clay,with maxi suds and foam gun
Laser Buff Scratch and Swirl remover via pc
Cherry wet wax via pc
M seal paint sealant by hand
2 coats XXX Hardcore paste wax
Trim gel on trim and tires