ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M3 & Z4M

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ali's selling his M3 so asked me to take a few pics. These are the Arty farty ones not the ones for the add.

Z4 crept in for a couple of shots. I 100% need those wheels!

Ali

M3Back.jpg

Z4M3.jpg

M3Back2.jpg

M3wheel1.jpg

Z4M.jpg

Z4M31.jpg

M3front.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not fancied the private reg on the z4 Ali?

Dare I say it, I prefer the M3! Sack paying 3k for a set of wheels! lol.

Pic 4 is like a signature Ali pic. You must have one like that of every car you've taken a pic of! Looking good!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lovely stuff...arre they oem csl's??

Yep! Were wrapped in R888's until recently! :)

Not fancied the private reg on the z4 Ali?

Easy!! - one step at a time. I'm expecting another shipment soon, once i shift that i might get one.

Nice

Really highlights how gash the OE Z4M wheels are though!

I really like them, wouldn't call them gash at all. I'd say the CSL's are nicer.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Dare I say it, I prefer the M3! Sack paying 3k for a set of wheels! lol.

Pic 4 is like a signature Ali pic. You must have one like that of every car you've taken a pic of! Looking good!

M3 is a beautiful lookin car. Just too common, i'm sure ali would agree. We even seen an identical one on the way to take some pics! Bloody Aberdeen!

Signature pic indeed!! :approve:

Yeah they are. His is in the best colour for the M3 IMO.

I do like the Z4 though. Was very impressed when I drove it.

If he's selling the car, could you not buy his wheels?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

He's not got the std wheels unfortunately!! :( Plus i've not got the cash!

Ah bummer. My mate with the M3 is looking at trading up to the new shape M3. Or an M5.

Will mail you later.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I like your standard Z4 wheels, they've grown on me.

I've always liked them...I prefer the CSL's, but tbh, i enjoy driving the Vee more so...not sure i want to spend the cash. I'd rather get the scuff on the bumper fixed and call it a day.

Clio 182 & Golf Mk1 Racer
Just had a chance to post, got a quick look at the pics this morning before I left but have had a proper look now - you definately know how to take a good picture. Should help with the sale no end :star:

lovely stuff...arre they oem csl's??

Yes, genuine CSL's so are 8.5" fronts instead of 8" and they are magnesium, or at least part magnesium. Much lighter than the OEM M3 19's.

M3 is a beautiful lookin car. Just too common, i'm sure ali would agree. We even seen an identical one on the way to take some pics! Bloody Aberdeen!

Signature pic indeed!! :approve:

Yeah, have been pretty common for a while now but I on the other hand, I would never have been able to afford it when it was new either! A lot of car for the money and ticks all the boxes for me.

I wanted either silver grey or Imola red - I am think I made the right choice, same colour as CSL, just looks right imo.

I was tempted to sell them separately but tbh, just cant be bothered with the hastle and with things the way they are, hopefully they will set the car off from all the others out there.

How much is the M3 up for...

Have not quite decided yet, when I get the advert pics from Ali and put together the ad I will post it up here :)

Thanks for the comments - gutted to be selling but need the funds for other commitments unfortunately :dapprove:

Once again, thanks for taking the time to do the pics Ali, much appreciated. Will get the beers in asap! :cheers:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yes, genuine CSL's so are 8.5" fronts instead of 8" and they are magnesium, or at least part magnesium. Much lighter than the OEM M3 19's.

They're not magnesium buddy, they are forged though and made by BBS Gmbh.

About 10kg before a tyre so they're not the lightest wheels either, only about 2kg lighter than the 19" M3 wheels.

Even though SR has closed if you do want any then give me a shout. Last time I checked BMW price was £1695 but I can get a bit off that. Used to be £995 for a set!!

They're not magnesium buddy, they are forged though and made by BBS Gmbh.

About 10kg before a tyre so they're not the lightest wheels either, only about 2kg lighter than the 19" M3 wheels.

This seems to been have debated for years but I thought that the actual CSL wheels were at least part magnesium.

The CS wheels are 'flow formed' and are meant to be forged. These are the 8's and are 12kg.

If you are saying the CSL's are 10kg's, how did they save the 2 kg's? Thats why after I was told they were mag, made sense, as how else would they be lighter?

I have lifted a genuine M3 19" wheel then my CSL wheel, and the difference is significant! Much lighter.

Turbos.
They used to be relatively cheap, and probably still are cheaper than OEM M3 wheels. Bear in mind they are made by BBS, 19 inch and then sold on through BMW dealers. Not a major surprise IMO...

You can pick second hand ones up for £1k anyway.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ish! 1k will most likely need refurbin. A lad in the carpark paid 1100 and they need a refurb. And given that they were off eBay they could be bent!!

An orange one
i got quoted £1260 for wheels from my dealer without the VAT which i could claim back anyways and this was with a 15% discount.