ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mac cleaning software

BMW Z4
Hi Guys,

Ive had my mac roughly 8 months now and i am noticing its starting to run a bit slower now, obviously its to be expected once things are uploaded songs on itunes and pictures ect, i have an external hard drive that i plan to upload pictures to and get them off the comp but is there an app or anything i can use to 'clean' my mac up and speed it up in general i am no computer boffin so i dont know what i should be deleting on a weekly/monthly basis. If anyone can help that would be great.

BMW Z4
Read reviews about clean my mac and people say it cleans i ttoo much but doesnt actually speed it up?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  182 + 325i
If you have a 2011 or earlier pro you can put an ssd in the superdrive bay. I will be when i can afford to.

RS Megane DCi 175
Ccleaner is a more usable Clean My Mac alternative. I have both and use Ccleaner as it's quicker (& free IIRC).
Won't really 'speed it up' though.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus that's jumped up in price, I only paid £62 yesterday!

Beware of the reliability of these drives. They are fast though. Mine failed in 2 weeks, Guy from eBuyer told its very common

Cheers pal, I have read one or two stories. Fingers crossed and I will keep the drive I remove in its current state just incase.