ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mac cleaning software

BMW Z4
Hi Guys,

Ive had my mac roughly 8 months now and i am noticing its starting to run a bit slower now, obviously its to be expected once things are uploaded songs on itunes and pictures ect, i have an external hard drive that i plan to upload pictures to and get them off the comp but is there an app or anything i can use to 'clean' my mac up and speed it up in general i am no computer boffin so i dont know what i should be deleting on a weekly/monthly basis. If anyone can help that would be great.

BMW Z4
Read reviews about clean my mac and people say it cleans i ttoo much but doesnt actually speed it up?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Add an SSD/More ram or do a clean install if you want speed.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
If you have a 2011 or earlier pro you can put an ssd in the superdrive bay. I will be when i can afford to.

RS Megane DCi 175
Ccleaner is a more usable Clean My Mac alternative. I have both and use Ccleaner as it's quicker (& free IIRC).
Won't really 'speed it up' though.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus that's jumped up in price, I only paid £62 yesterday!

Beware of the reliability of these drives. They are fast though. Mine failed in 2 weeks, Guy from eBuyer told its very common

Cheers pal, I have read one or two stories. Fingers crossed and I will keep the drive I remove in its current state just incase.