ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mac + Nikon, software?

I'll ask in here as hopefully I'll get a few opinions. Any recommendations for a piece of software to import/edit the pics from my D3000? No stupidly priced stuff from the CS ballers as I don't use the camera that often so don't see the point in investing a fortune at this point in time. Mac is on OSX Lion.

Is there anything specific that you want it to do?

I just edit with photoshop and then save based on what it is in my on folders.

Otherwise there's Aperture and Lightroom.

Nothing specific tbh, obviously the camera came with viewnx but the interface is horrific/ugly and just user unfriendly IMO. Just something easy to play around with covering the most frequently required tools be it crop/resize/colour adjustments/horizon correcting etc. I've not done any PP as yet so really just after something at entry level that's nice and intuitive.

Just use iPhoto, its ideal for basic stuff.
If you want to do a more than iPhoto lits you then get Aperture.

Oil Burner
Aperture is probably the cheapest legitimate software available. Its pretty cheap on the app store.

Otherwise a hooky or student version of Photoshop or Lightroom.

Personally i use Lightroom.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Can't remember if iPhoto comes with Lion (I'm pretty sure it does), but if you have it, have you tried it ?

Pretty much the easiest way to import, edit (lightly) and store/organise photos. Links to email, flickr, bookface and other things with a click or a drag/drop. Couldn't be easier IMO.