ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mac slow internet - resolved

Rav4
Hi,

I have always found my mac a bit slow on the net. (wireless and wired)

Really annoying, originally changed the DNS settings to;

That did improve it somewhat, but not as good as the other comps in the household (windows)

I am not using the open DNS servers and it's so much better.

Runs so much better.

Thanks,

G.

(using leopard 10.5.6)

Rav4
Please note spelling mistake;

"I am not using the open DNS"

Is actually supposed to say;

"I am NOW using the open DNS"

Thanks,

G.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

I have always found my mac a bit slow on the net. (wireless and wired)

Really annoying, originally changed the DNS settings to;

That did improve it somewhat, but not as good as the other comps in the household (windows)

I am not using the open DNS servers and it's so much better.

Runs so much better.

Thanks,

G.

(using leopard 10.5.6)

I don't get that? Unless there's a software-related issue on the Mac, surely the DNS 'performance' as such, would be (or should be) identical to the PCs using the same router?

A wired Mac and PC, or wireless equivalents should be the same - or similar enough so much as you wouldn't notice.

D.

Megane
Now can you work out how to change the search box from Google.com to Google.co.uk on Safari??

Lol

Rav4
I don't understand why that is too, it's not normal logic. However, it does occur, I did quite a bit of research online and many people suffer from it, I don't know why.

I always found my mac slower on the net, even if I was using parallels / VMWARE, my emulated version of windows was quicker, so was my housemates laptop and my brothers, both XP.

Thought maybe there is something wrong with the OS, did repair and so on, no luck, even re-installed OSX as a new, clean install, same issue. I know this works for me now, so thought I would share it.

Annoying I know :(

I don't get that? Unless there's a software-related issue on the Mac, surely the DNS 'performance' as such, would be (or should be) identical to the PCs using the same router?

A wired Mac and PC, or wireless equivalents should be the same - or similar enough so much as you wouldn't notice.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't understand why that is too, it's not normal logic. However, it does occur, I did quite a bit of research online and many people suffer from it, I don't know why.

I always found my mac slower on the net, even if I was using parallels / VMWARE, my emulated version of windows was quicker, so was my housemates laptop and my brothers, both XP.

Thought maybe there is something wrong with the OS, did repair and so on, no luck, even re-installed OSX as a new, clean install, same issue. I know this works for me now, so thought I would share it.

Annoying I know :(

That's well weird. Good shout on the post though if other people are suffering from it.

D.