ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mac wallpaper - seriously, WTF?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Right. Without resizing and ratio issues, I'm used to finding a jpg, right-clicking and selecting 'Set as desktop wallpaper.'

What process is involved on Macs? I've just spent over 20mins getting lost in System Preferences and attempting to drag and drop the relevant jpg. The first few Google searches have been going waaay too deep - it's not rocket science guys! :)

D.

Create a folder with them in, the ones you want, then:

System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Bottom left click the plus, find the folder you created, then in the side bar it'll appear. Then select the one you want.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That's where I was getting stuck m8. There were several folders there, but the 'obvious' ones like Photos wouldn't let me drag and drop. It's obviously not the correct way of doing things. I'll try creating the folder first. Cheers. :)

D.

Or just use your 'Pictures' folder in your home directory - to keep it tidy. Drag that folder to the dock next to the bin, then you can just drag any photo from the net to said folder.

Then change it thru prefs.

RS Clio 182
i have always just 'right clicked' (second finger down and selected set as desktop background. Works right from google or any file and never had any issues. Hope that is relevant!:)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
i have always just 'right clicked' (second finger down and selected set as desktop background. Works right from google or any file and never had any issues. Hope that is relevant!:)

This, it's on the context menu when you right click an image. "Set as desktop wallpaper" down the bottom of the menu.

I just right click and set as desktop image as guys above have said. Although in saying that, the option isnt there on my Macbook, only on my iMac.

Screen%20shot%202011-08-24%20at%2007.49.09.png