ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook Pro keeps crashing

I've got a MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012 model. keeps crashing all the time, all I'm doing is browsing the Internet with nothing else opened. I've done a factory reset a few times now which it'll then work fine for a few hours sometimes more but then it'll start freezing again. Any ideas on what my problem is? No doubt it's going to cost me a lot! Any help would be great

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Im sure there was a thread saying some macbook pros were being recalled for something like this...

I've just booked an appointment with my local Apple Store Tuesday is the earliest I can get

Hope this doesn't cost a lot, it's just over 2 years old!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I've just booked an appointment with my local Apple Store Tuesday is the earliest I can get

Hope this doesn't cost a lot, it's just over 2 years old!
Just out of warranty then I believe. 2 years standard unless you have AppleCare or whatever isn't it?

dk

911 GTS Cab
certainly sounds like it could be the graphics (logic board), but your model isn't covered by the looks of it, only 15 and 17 ones are.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

if it is the logic board, you are looking at about £400 i believe to replace it.

As its just out of warranty you might be lucky and get apple to replace any parts for free, thats assuming its a part and not a rebuild of the os required?

certainly sounds like it could be the graphics (logic board), but your model isn't covered by the looks of it, only 15 and 17 ones are.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

if it is the logic board, you are looking at about £400 i believe to replace it.

As its just out of warranty you might be lucky and get apple to replace any parts for free, thats assuming its a part and not a rebuild of the os required?
bought it a few days before Christmas so it's just over 4 months out of warranty so doubt they'll replace anything for free. I've no idea if a rebuild of the os is required... soon find out Tuesday hopefully i can talk my way into a free repair somehow.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Tbf, apple are normally pretty good.

My brother had an issue with his Iphone battery. He replaced it with a 3rd party one, still,had issues, so sent it to apple with the 3rd party one still inside and the apple one separate.

Was way out of warranty even, and they still have him a brand new phone.

turns out it was my hard drive, anyone able to recommend something decent? probably worth putting a ssd in now?

Cayman S Edition 1
My 2012 MacBook Pro has crashed for the 4th time this week. It's getting so bad that it takes ages to turn back on again.

Annoying as when I took to an Apple Store a month or so ago they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Just wondering if it's actually worth trying to repair or consider getting a new one:(

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's Apples way of saying "you've had it for over two years now, please upgrade"

I'm looking at replacing my 2013 MBP but I'm not doing anything until the next reveal as I know a Space Grey MBP is coming... And I want some of that.

Cayman S Edition 1
It's Apples way of saying "you've had it for over two years now, please upgrade"

I'm looking at replacing my 2013 MBP but I'm not doing anything until the next reveal as I know a Space Grey MBP is coming... And I want some of that.
I heard rumours of a refresh coming this year. Might be worth waiting for ;)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm not sure it'll be here this year as they'll no doubt be pushing the new MacBook a bit longer but I hope it's announced. Then again, the MB is a bit s**t so maybe not.

I may just upgrade the 13" MBP to a 15"

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone done the very recent chrome upgrade? on my MBP its checkerboarding when scrolling fast down a forum page. bloody annoying.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Best browser by far..Until safari realise they need to have icons on tabs then it can f**k off.

Why? I don't ever have the need for that many tabs open where it would matter.

I hate Chrome and I hate Google... So much I stopped using AOSP on the grounds that it's not very "open" anymore. I don't even find it that much faster compared to Safari.

bought that samsung above.... fitted it yesterday, ssd is the way forward. Can't believe how quick every thing is, startup is around 10-15 seconds photoshop cs6 is almost instant.

well worth the £150

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Best browser by far..Until safari realise they need to have icons on tabs then it can f**k off.
ie-troll-meme-generator-mozila-firefox-u-mad-ab0fe4.jpg