ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook screen replacement - Help req'd please !

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Macbook (2008 unibody 13.3") has got some marks on the screen .. maybe screenburn but not sure, as it's only noticeable when the screen is black. :dapprove:

I've found replacement screens on the net for ~£80 and guides on the net of how to replace it, but it looks like a royal ball-ache to replace with far too much stuff to go wrong along the way, like melting the rubber the glass sits on etc.

Has anyone done this ?! Is there anyone on here in the SE that can do this for me ?

If I take it to Apple I'm sure they're going to want a fortune for the screen and I assume a labour charge ?! I called them to ask a few things like cost and availability but it goes through to their technical centre, not the store, so I'll pop in tomorrow when I'm nearby.

If anyone could help in the meantime, that would be great. :approve:

Thanks !!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
that doesn't seem so bad considering I was quoted £800 for a replacement screen a couple yrs ago for my old 15" g4 powerbook :dead:

Outrageous, give me an hour and I'll try and find the bloke that did mine. Was £100 and he came to me in Islington.