ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Macbook to test out recommendation?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
How doo!

I am currently in the market for a s**t hot laptop!!

I have always had PC's and Windows based laptops and am very happy with them! However I would like to give a Mac a go at some point, but before shelling out a grand+ for a new laptop, can anyone recommend one that I can buy second hand and have a go with for a month or two before deciding what to buy long term!

I have seen Macbooks, and iBooks for sale, but I know sod all about them. Which one is recommended in terms of both hardware and software? I.e I dont want to be using equivalent mac software as Windows 95 :nono:

Any recommendations would be good, and ill have a look on ebay or elsewhere, cheers!!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
sony Vaio, i just saw one and they look cool or the new toshiba's. Macbooks are cool but the aforementioned ones are slightly more versatile and still look ace

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
  visualize whirled pe
All new Mac's will be shipped with OSX 10.5.3 (or poss when you place an order right now 10.5.4) but all up-dates upto 10.5.9 are downloadable for free.

It dosent really matter what you buy, but honestly, I'm happy with my Mac's. I've spent over £5k on buying mac's in my life time and I've never regretted buying any of them. They all still get used heavilly even now. My Mac pro is on every day, my partner uses my old G4 and I have had the Powerbook since 2002 which I'm using to type this.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
So just an older macbook or G4? would do just for testing purposes?

I dont want to shell out a fortune for a decent one if im not going to get on with it like! :)

visualize whirled pe
My Powerbook's spec is 1Ghz processor and 512mb memory it's actually a 2003 model. I use it to produce work on Photoshop CS1 if I have to travel with work. It's been a solid and reliable machine and is still capable of doing what I want. If anything i would probably be advised to change the hard drive.

Personally I think you should look at the best spec machine (Mac or PC) that you can afford and buy that. Although one thing I can say about the Mac's I've owned and especially the Powerbook is that it hasn't exactly led an easy life, 300 days of the year it is probably either switched on or sat on standby, but it still seems to be working well, they are built solidly that's for sure.