ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Macbook - where to buy?

I'm after a macbook...

Where is the best/cheapest place to buy?

I've only really looked at apple's uk online store so far but PC world etc seem to have the older models still?

I want the newest model with the DDR3 ram.

dabs.com are the cheapest I reckon.. but you'll only be able to buy the base 2.0 or 2.4 spec, not specify getting additional RAM, different HDD etc so if you want, say, 4GB RAM, it may work out better to buy it from Apple direct (as DDR3 RAM is quite well priced from them)

I'm only really after one for surfing the net and burning dvds/cd's. So with an external hdd (which i'll buy seperately), the minimum system (2.0ghz 1gig ram) should be enough shouldn't it?

Minimum is 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD which is more than enough for what you want to do.. (providing you don't want a keyboard which lights up if it's dark?).

They super quick. :D

In that case, £949 from Apple.. or goto dabs.com and it'll be cheaper :)

Arctic 182FF
if youre not desperate and want a bargain, then keep an eye on the reconditioned part of the apple store - i got mine from there saved loads on the original price, the laptop was in mint condition and still get a full 1year guarantee.

not sure how long it'll be until the new style ones start showing up there tho (and obv would be no good if it was gonna be a gift!)