ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook won't connect to Internet???

S2 106 GTI
Hello, I haven't had any problems like this before but came to look on laptop and it's disconnected the wireless? I tried starting over again, but when I come to input my password it says it cannot connect?!

Any ideas please

RIP Dan
Try repeating 4 or 5 times, my mrs had the same problem and it eventually connected.

Reset your router?

S2 106 GTI
Tried turning it on and off, nothing! iPhone connects fine!

It now says connection timed out??

Hold the top right corner of your MacBook with your left hand and stick your right index finger in your left ear and try agagain.

Or just reboot the router.

S2 106 GTI
Hold the top right corner of your MacBook with your left hand and stick your right index finger in your left ear and try agagain.

Or just reboot the router.

agagain?? you mean again.....:rolleyes:

Tried rebooting the router...

Inferno 182 CUP
mine does this all the f**king time :mad: .. i give up and get an ethernet cable out until it fixes it s**t self

1.2 16V 2005
Reset the PRAM on the mac. (Turn off, then turn on holding down ALT, CMD, P & R) Otherwise it can be related to a pref file in the system that's screwed. I've worked with macs for a few years and the wireless on them is notoriously s**t.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mine did this on and off for ages, got my home hub 2 replaced and it still did it. Got my airport card replaced by apple and it still did it. Finally convinced BT to supply me with a new home hub 3 and it hasn't done it since.

It was only the MBP that was affected, we have other computers/phones/tablets/consoles all working fine on all the routers.

Try another router?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Open up your web browser on a computer that is connected to the router.

Enter 192.168.2.1 in the address bar and hit Return.

Enter the username and password, if you haven't changed it this will be printed on the router.

In the Wireless area make sure that your router is set up with a WPA2 password with AES encryption. If it isn't set it.

If it is try changing the channel to something like 11 or 7 or 8 or 9.

Save these settings and reboot the router.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Had this problem a while back and again yesterday, plugged it in wired and set up eyhhernet connection then the wireless suddenly started working too. Try that.