ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mad Max

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Quite surprised that this hasn't been mentioned yet?

Put about 7 hours into it on the PC. It's very familiar in both look and feel to the Batman series and Shadow of Mordor game - but imo, is significantly better than the latter.

The usual fare applies. Following a story mode over a very hefty sized map through which you can upgrade your car and also the stats of Max himself. Hand-to-hand fighting is the block and strike process, again common in the games mentioned above. But as a major improvement over SoM - you don't get the silly respawn and respawn of enemies, ruining the fun.

So far, I have really enjoyed it. The visuals are very impressive and even with all the eye-candy turned on - there is no stuttering or slow-down at all. Even better, I picked up the PC version from cdkeys.com which provides you with a Steam key for the game - at a mere £9.99. I would have happily paid full price for it - but at under a tenner, it's a steal.

Anyway - some screenies...

2015-09-22_00011_zpsoqczjlpt.jpg

2015-09-22_00003_zpsh6lfgoak.jpg

2015-09-22_00007_zpsbwfxhqgc.jpg

2015-09-22_00009_zpsjdnk62rl.jpg

2015-09-22_00006_zpsgtlrqv0e.jpg

2015-09-21_00001_zpsxluozgex.jpg

2015-09-22_00004_zpsuepxxbmr.jpg

2015-09-22_00005_zpsqnx8odar.jpg

2015-09-22_00002_zpsyk0kyrol.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
I had this set for pre-order when PS4 was released, but since Fallout isn''t far away, there's no point in buying MM now, it'll just sit there gathering dust.
Besides, by the time I've finished wandering post-apocalyptic Boston, MM will be on platinum value brand.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I had this set for pre-order when PS4 was released, but since Fallout isn''t far away, there's no point in buying MM now, it'll just sit there gathering dust.
Besides, by the time I've finished wandering post-apocalyptic Boston, MM will be on platinum value brand.

I'd expect (and hope) that FO4 has a lot more going on. Fingers-crossed that you don't become a one-man army (aka Fallout 3 and Skyrim) - but I can't see that happening. Let me develop a set of skill trees that I want my character to have. But in the same sense, don't allow him to be a sniper, ninja, field medic, engineer, chemist, explosives expert, melee master, linguist, master gambler and Michelin Star rated chef - all at the same time.

Listerine & Poledo
One man army is fine by me. If all they did was put an HD skin of the FO3 engine (?) and plop it in a new location, I'd have been happy.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
One man army is fine by me. If all they did was put an HD skin of the FO3 engine (?) and plop it in a new location, I'd have been happy.

That kills it for me, m8. Part of the enjoyment of games with evolving characters is knowing and learning where they are strong and other areas they should back away from. That's why a lot of the older style (non-1st person) RPGs are arguably a better 'game' for me as you have several characters to use as you see fit. Even games as straight-forward as Gauntlet as the character classes have distinct advantages and disadvantages.

As a true multiplayer FO3 or Skyrim - it would be an utter lolfest and really quite pointless as you and a few others could simply lay waste to everything, all of the time. That more than anything is probably the reason why such a thing doesn't exist - despite its awesome potential.

Listerine & Poledo
For what it's worth.....I downloaded Baldurs Gate 2 into the iPad.

Playstation has just gathered dust since

I wouldn't want a multiplayer MMO Fallout.

Nissan 350z
I'm with Darren on this, its a great game in my opinion. Reminds me of a Forza Horizon / Batman love child, and visually looks amazing. I think I'm getting close to the end, I just unlocked the V8.

Nissan 350z
Around 30 I think now, which seems about right. Threat level is still around 2, and I've only completed 1 of the strongholds the others still have a bunch of unfinished projects. I'm still working through side missions currently and im holding off progressing the Story mission now.

Evo 8 MR
I was put off by the review but might look into it now as something to tide me over until FO4.