ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Magnex Backbox opinions?

Have been offered a Magnex back box nearly new for £50. It's a twin 3.5" box. Just wondered peoples opinions on them? Any good?

clio sport 172 ph2
a lot of people on here don't seem to like them due to the chav-factor, i've got a cat back one on mine and IMHO i think it suits the clio qite well as long as it's hung correctly, it gives a nice deep sound but only prob is now i've fitted my filter i can't hear the bloody thing! 50 quids a good price though!

1998 BMW e46 323i
I had a magnex stealth rear box fitted. Sounded great from outside the car, but was deafening at high revs from within the car... Steer clear!!!!!!!!!!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I got one on my new one sounds nice but alot of people dont like them on here. It wasnt my choice anyway.
IMAGE_00474.jpg

IMAGE_00476.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if I can get it for cheap, I ain't gonna lose anything if I don't like it. I have no idea what it'll look like on the car.

CB600FS
Theres a fair few people like them and loads of people have had issues with them, Speak to Maz she had no end of trouble with them.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yea i did have an issue with it banging when i first got it adjusted it not its fine. Its not that loud at 70 tbh it does get louder at say 80, but its liveable when im in the car by myself with music on i dont hear it that much. it does sound good though

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Took my Magnex off last week. Ok when driving around locally, but dual carriageways etc it just deafened you in the car.

Sy

You'll need to do some work to make it "reliable"

Make sure you have the supporting bracket so the the box is supported on both sides.

Because of the weight it's worth bolstering the mount.

You'll need to do some work to make it "reliable"

Make sure you have the supporting bracket so the the box is supported on both sides.

Because of the weight it's worth bolstering the mount.

It has a bracket with it, so I presume that will be strong enough. If I get it, will just see how loud it is.

Maz

LY 200
My exhaust is fine now .. took 8 systems and a redevelopment to resolve it like .. lol depends how fussy you are ;)

i had a magnex twin... they are stupidly stupidly heavy... and annoying after a while especially on motorways