ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Magnex fitting

Clio 200 FF

ok im getting a magnex cat back for my 172 mk2 this weekend, has anyone fitted one themselves or do you all get a garage to do it?

The standard one is 1 piece over the axle so looks a pain to get off?

im getting one fitted too cost me 320 quid.. if i bought a std renault one from the CAT back it cost me 380 quid fitted LOL

is the std one a one piece? my back box has fallen off it rusted away... now my car sounds like a v8 mustang lol.... i might aswell put a stainless steel one on due to it being cheaper and wont rust

Clio 200 FF

well had the magnex fitted today at an exhaust centre and what a bas*ard it was,the system seemed to be for a car 2" longer as the brackets were out and it was touching on the rear axle. They managed to sort that out though and off i went.

driving down the road the thing sounded like a tractor, got home and looked underneath thinking the centre pipe to cat wasnt sealed and its the bloody cat to downpipe thats cracked (where the cat box is welded to pipe).

well the exhaust place had closed by the time i realised and am now driving a couging, spluttering bag of nails.

Its gonna be another week before i can get back to have this seen to and have to drive to and from work for a week! with this noise and the possability of the pipe snapping :(

Clio 200 FF

twin, looks so much better

bet the cat isnt covered by the warranty either, what happens to the sensors if a cat bypass pipe is fitted?

Clio 200 FF

How did your car fail mathew? did it crack or disintergrate

dealer visit tommorow, probably say itll take a week to get a new one if it is covered