ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Magnex or Scorpion

ook. im on dpmotorsports webby....

Deciding which system to get...

The Magnex only comes with a 3" tailpipe..

Scorpion is 3.5" which is what id prefer size wise... but i want to know which gives the better sound/performance.

will the extra .5" give a better grunt sound?

+ the Scorpion is £30 cheaper than the Magnex.. which makes me think that even tho the Magnex is .5" smaller.. that it must be better quality.

suggestions?

cheers

Jay

Skoda Fabia vRS

Magnex ARE good quality, but, ive got a stainless Peco and had it over a year now and its fine, i dont think you would have any problems at all with the Scorpion, in fact im pretty sure there one of the best fitting exhausts

i take it Scorpion systems come with decat too?

ive heard about powerflow... but dont see a website... i wanna order online so i can see what im ordering.

Magnex ive heard so many good things about, but i want that extra .5" :)
im not really interested ina popping sound, dont want to draw too much attention to myself.

my old 16v had a scorpion exhaust, de-cat with an element filter and sounded good, not real loud on normal driving, but could be heard, put ure foot down and it will roar.

my 16v now has a HP IK and a devil full exhaust with de-cat, and it just rumbles all the time and any rev :) put ure foot down and it just goes mad. dunno how much difference the IK makes, but devil exhaust makes a much louder deeper sound

Audi S3

Quote: Originally posted by cse on 24 October 2002

my old 16v had a scorpion exhaust, de-cat with an element filter and sounded good, not real loud on normal driving, but could be heard, put ure foot down and it will roar.
Sounds about rite same as mine and put foot down at low revs and it sounds really deep! mind u i do hvae a K&N induction kit as well!

James, just to say Id like to hear what you think of whatever you go for. At the moment Ive got some cheap system (speed steel) on and it just sounds loud and boomy, no real growl to it, I sound like some Nova boy. I was thinking Magnex cause my housemates five has a full magnex and burbles like a scooby at idle and growls nicely at 4k plus. Scorpian are rated too so will be interested to see what you think. Do you reckon youll get much out of your clio with all your plans for head work etc cause CCC have an artical on a spider (same engine?) this month and they reckon forced induction is the only way to get any real gains.

woots, will let you know how the scorpion system goes!

next year, im thinking of getting a Stage2 kit for it... or turbo conversion

Will be getting Hill power IK so with that.. should get a nice bhp gain with the two.. maybe 10-15bhp?

from what you have said james i would get the magnex cat back and leave the cat in-situ, but the biggest and the best noise comes from an induction kit, not so much a K&N but get a piper cross, ive got one and its massive, i had an RS 500 one befor that but i couldnt make it fit, i got a proper piper X and it bolts roight round the throttle body, 4K sounds awesome, an exhaust just masks it

lofty, i didnt think pipercross made a descent IK for the williams?

if i was gonna get a pipercross itd have to be the viper IK.. but as far as im aware.,. they dont make it for the Clio williams models.?

the Hillpower IK has some heatshielding which will offer stable performance atleast?

Is there a site that has any sound clips of exhausts? :)

16v/williams are identical, mines not a viper, just basicaly a big bucket made of sponge, it does the trick though,

Yeah Ive got a pipercross also, although sometimes it annoys me and it comes off for a while, wicked noise though. I am also thinking of a new exhaust and am wondering about which is best for a valver, anybody rate mongoose at all.

Alex M

i looked at the mongoose system b4 getting the scorpion, but decided the company logo looked pants... so the system must be also, although it was the most expensive ;)

Well, having just spent this evening removing my scorpion, i dont feel like recommending them at all. I bought a full system including cat replacement pipe 6 months ago when i bought my clio 16v. About 2 months after fitting it the rear baffle in the back box started vibrating, i left it long enough to warrent getting the warrenty out, 6 months and im taking it back tomorrow for a replacement...............you might say im unlucky.........i would tend to agree if it wasnt for the fact that exactly the same happened to me on my corsa.!!!

Ok the scorpion sounds sweet, kinda loud enough to know its not standard but not ear eaching loud for long journeys, it looks nice and the tail pipe fits lovely into the cut out in the bumper........... but i still wish i had considered a magnex or a mongoose ( the mongoose exhausts i have heard good stuff about). Dont be put off by the magnex being smaller, 6mm isnt really that big a difference....

not trying to put you off, buts its nice to know the other side too.....What i cant understand is that the scorpion that i fitted to my GSXR sounds F ing wicked and im very pleased with this, so why cant my car exhausts make me feel the same??

Chuckie.........:confused:

honda accord 2.4 type s

So what have we decided is gonna be best? Not bothered about the noise, but what do people think has been the most reliable??

Audi S3

Im gunna be a Cardiff tomorow for the meet b4 meanstreet so if anyone wants to know what it sounds like come over and say hey!

Matt

GR7

Shiny red R32

James

I had a Scorpion on my S16 Pug and with the K&N induction kit etc, it sounded very throaty and I loved it. There is a cute scorpion on the tailpipe too! Lifetime guarantee also. You have made the right decision.

:)