ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

magnex system

172 exclusive & 306 gti6
hi just bought a magnex exhaust for the clio today i know they have gone bust lol but are they ok ?? well anyway a bit late now lol , just wonderin if anyone has one and how loud are they ? cat back twin 3 1/2'' exits thanxs for any help guys :D

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Were quite popular at one point and have a great but fairly loud sound to them... Most go for a Single Recessed or Stealth Exhaust nowadays.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I think the OP is on about a 172 System.... You searching for Aftermarket Backboxes now Dave??

172 exclusive & 306 gti6
Were quite popular at one point and have a great but fairly loud sound to them... Most go for a Single Recessed or Stealth Exhaust nowadays.
went for the cheap option mate 240 new , would of liked the stealth but my cat died so thats more money to spend there oh and i think my gearbox is dieing more money there lol will the list ever stop :(

S4 Avant
I think the OP is on about a 172 System.... You searching for Aftermarket Backboxes now Dave??

Ah fair enough. I've got two options really for back boxes, the original exhaust that came on the clio had custom back boxes to fit the kit that was on it, I could just modify the hangers on it, and get it to sit right, then swap the tips over, as its a 2.5 inch bore aswell. or just look for some different back boxes, shouldn't be an issue.

Anythings better than the french thing thats on it now!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Ah Yes i remeber the Exhausts on your car when you 1st got it, Somewhere like powerflow etc. should be able to whip you up something quite easily, Do you still have the Cat Back System off your car when you bought it??

I've got a magnex that came on my 182 with a Ktec silenced decat, tidy setup, provides a low exhaust note, maybe a little on the loud side but only when your not in the mood for the noise if you understand :), but its half the volume of some decated cars I've heard! Plus a Good performance gain over the standard system thats for sure!

Mine came on the piss with one pipe sticking further out than the other and they do seem to have the reputation of being a crap fit, but after some tinkering I've got them symmetrical and snug in the exhaust arches.

S4 Avant
yep still got that exhaust system, cherry bomb centre section and "custom chrome racing" back boxes :cool:

aslong as its stainless steel it'll all be good, and you have no idea how helpful a welded centre section to decat pipe is to me, the cat to centre section joint on my standard renault exhaust, just will not seal.

To the OP, apologies for the hi-jack!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I had serious problems there too which is why it got welded :(

Got a Scorpion Decat now and will be going to Powerflow or the likes to get a New Centre Section made up and to get my tailpipes sitting even as mine also do not sit perfectly :(

To the OP the 172 Exhaust was a much better made syatem than the 182 System so do not worry

Ph1
Good when they came out but weigh a tonne, zero performance gain, take a lot of setting up to fit right without knocking, tailpipe designs are gash.

Putting £100 more to the money you payed for it would have been 100 quid well spent

Jag Mondeo -Type
Not too loud, but very boomy and annoying when cruising 60-80 ish and look too big on the clio (imo) I was very glad to get rid of mine for aformentioned reasons

Having said that it did sound alright when in the mood and giving it some, and yes its very heavy so reinforce your engine mounts when you fit it! and good luck getting yours straight!!

172 exclusive & 306 gti6
well with a lot of carefull consideration im goin to set fire too the clio, all my problems solved :approve:

340i
I have the same system on my car.. Your more than welcome to come and sample it ;)

They are an "over engineered" system TOO HEAVY!!

Where abouts in Derbyshire do you live?

Ph1
Sure someone on here's dad worked at Magnex and said they filled the silencers with concrete :eek:

Posted on here about summer time on a random exhaust thread

LY 182
no they are sh*t

i got one on my car, well, it depends how much of a perfectionist you are

i fitted mine starting at the back, postinioned the back box where it sat nice to the bumper/right angle etc.
slotted the mid section in to that and the front of it was pointing at the floor!
lift the front up and the backbox looked crap

in the end i cut it in half, took a bit out (to make it sit further in) then welded it back together

you probably could make it fit without doing that people on here have done it,, but if it fitted my car the same as theres i wouldnt want it on my car

Honda ATR
hi just bought a magnex exhaust for the clio today i know they have gone bust lol but are they ok ?? well anyway a bit late now lol , just wonderin if anyone has one and how loud are they ? cat back twin 3 1/2'' exits thanxs for any help guys :D

Paid £200 smackers for mine brand new. Not a great fit but after a few tweaks sits ok. Plus fitted a decat the other day :) so its sounding a little louder.....

340i
The 172 systems do take a little tweaking to get them sitting right...

IMO its all down to the weight of the system , far toooo heavy!!

172 exclusive & 306 gti6
I have the same system on my car.. Your more than welcome to come and sample it ;)

They are an "over engineered" system TOO HEAVY!!

Where abouts in Derbyshire do you live?
cheers for the offer mate but its gettin fitted whatever it sounds like as iv got it lol im in derby :D

Clio 172 mk2
The 172 systems do take a little tweaking to get them sitting right...

IMO its all down to the weight of the system , far toooo heavy!!

Definately, mine had to go after a couple of weeks on the car, just coudn't deal with the fitting of it and the looks, sounded good though