ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Magnx OR Viper

Thinking of getting either a oval magnex or viper induction, i would have both its just ive heard they really f*ck your MPG up. Or am i just being silly??

Renault Laguna Coupe

Dont think they do - If youre getting a Viper youll need to get your fuelling sorted out though. A Magnex wont make any difference to your MPG.

So i could get both fitted no probs? How does the fuelling on the viper work?? I dont have a clue with this kind of thing :confused:

Cheers Mike

Renault Laguna Coupe

Youll have no problems at all, in fact Roamer had a Viper and Zorst fitted before Christmas and he reported an IMPROVEMENT in his MPG. A Superchip with a custom map will sort out your fuelling if you want to get the Viper - the trouble is they (Vipers) work a bit too well and the engine can run a little lean hence the need for a custom map. The Superchip with custom map costs about £350 I think.

If this sounds a bit daunting just get a panel filter instead of the Viper (there are plenty of manufacturers - Pipercross, K&N etc).

Youll love the Magnex if you get one - gorgeous noise, without being too loud. I was a bit worried before I got mine but its just perfect.

Clio 1.6 16V

Magnex is the biz m8. Lovely and fairly quiet when toodling around town but takes on a completely new character when you hit the gas! Other option for your remap/fuelling would be a Unichip. A bit more expensive than a Superchip but set up on a dyno for your car. Can also be remapped later on if you do some more mods.

Clio 1.6 16V

Hi Paul,

Presume you mean the Unichip? Just been speaking to Gerry at Storm Eng this week. They are setting up a Dastek UK retail premises in Dalgety Bay to open around the 1st July. They are the main UK Distributor. Will cost about £300 + VAT for scottish car club members for fitting and dyno. Im going to book mine in as soon as hes open.

The top half of the air box is the bonnet Thats why I put the rubber beading around the top.

Neil

S2000

Ah right, genius never though of that!;)

Sounds tempting re: the Dastek dealer, may well give it a go if I decide to keep the car!

P.S.Why do you not use MSN anymore?

Clio 1.6 16V

Paul, I still use MSN but normally have it set to appear "Offline" when on broadband and forget to set it to online when Im behind the keyboard ....doh!

Neil, The Unichip is a piggy back