ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Main Dealer Service

Renaultsport Clio 182

Ive had my 182 for 6months and am coming up to the first 12,000mile service but have a few questions

Does anyone know what Renault do?
Will I void my warranty going elsewhere?
Will I void the GAP (insurance) scheme going elsewhere?
And does a dealer’s stamp in your logbook really mean that much? (Reno grease monkey tend to put me off)

See I have found someone I can not only trust but is a Reno expert, at basically half the cost of Reno who will fit the aftermarket parts I want rather than the standard Reno stuff (ie Air Filter). Any ideas guys???

Ziel Nurburgring

Oil, Oil filter and air filter. Not bad for £150-£200 i think youd agree:mad:

You will only void it if you dont use genuine Renault parts, you also lose the FRSH when selling

Dont know about GAP

Id prefer to buy a car with dealer service history, dont know why but it just makes me feel safer.

My advice would be to buy some Elf Exhilium oil from the CS contact Debra, buy an ITG filter and the you save your self cash each time you get it serviced

Renaultsport Clio 182

Its an F-ing rip off for £200 - £250!!!!!

I understand losing the FRSH but ill be keeping this car for 5years and to be honest I would rather have my man under the bonnet of it that some monkey in a reno overall who has just stepped out of college on day release, scrapping his spanner down the paint work!

Cheers for the advice, I think Im going to have to phone the clowns at Sutton Park Reno to see about GAP.

Ziel Nurburgring

Mate, thats extortionate. Mine cost £118 but i got lucky.

A normal service that you dont supply your own stuff was only £170, where are you based?

Renaultsport Clio 182

Im based in the midlands. Central. But am prepared to travel as long as it worth my while.

Have phoned alot of Reno dealer, all over £200 and that was with supplying my own oil.

£118 bargain?

Ziel Nurburgring

i supplied my own oil, and have an ITG filter. So they only thing that needed replacing by renault was my pristine paint work for a swirly watermarked mess and oil filter.

They had worked out the it would be £140ish but when i came to pay for it the women said ooh, you provided your own oil and took it off the total again. Hence the £118.

Renaultsport Clio 182

ah, right just called the dealer where I bought it from..........£232.05 with me supplying my own oil and filter so that means it about £300 in total!!

Robbing b@astards

Lee

BMW M2C

I had mine done at Renault Birmingham Neil. Cost me around £180 without the air filter being done, I think the price has gone up since then though.

Ziel Nurburgring

£300 for a £10 oilfilter, £30s worth of oil and a £10 air fliter. So £50 in parts, and £250 on labour/oil disposal and a car wash! Day light robbery