ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Major knocking, car shaking!

Petrol Blue 182.
replaced the drive shaft as it was shot, but the knocking/vibrations havn't stopped, really bad, steering shakes, seats shake. its only when i turn right tho?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Secondhand driveshaft?

I replaced 3 on mine before biting the bullet and getting a new one. Every secondhand one I bought was fcuked. :(

Petrol Blue 182.
nope brand new! its proper violent and feels like the cars gna break up! I was thinking engine mounts top ones look ok to me tho, any underneath?

Chelsea tractor
I had this on a brand new o/s driveshaft too (when turning right). The garage changed it for another new one and it was fine.

I had the exact same thing in a Zetec-S, only difference was it shook like an old washing machine anytime I accelerated. That was down to a knackered driveshaft

TrackCar & F30 330d
Couzens did you sort this out.

My 182 just started shaking violently on the motorway today when under acceleration. So by the sounds of it, it should be my second hand driveshaft!

ph3 dci100 172 rep
i've got the same problem with mine and it also makes a grinding noise at certainrevs which im told by a renault tech is down to the engine mounts being fudged so is it likely that the juddering round corners is also down to the engine mounts?
mine only does it on left hand corners and almost feeels like the wheel is gonna fall off :S its not a good feeling :(

mine doesn't do it when cruising only on sharp left hand corners like small roundabouts and islands etc!?

Quick way to check the track rod end or wheel bearing is to lift the front wheel off the ground, grasp it and try and rock it backwards and forwards, in and out. If it has any play at all then it will be either one.

Mine was rocking backwards and forwards about 1-2cm which was the obvious cause of my shaking