ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MAJOR PROBLEM??

I picked up a 2004 plate 182 with 38k on the clock. the car has a decat fitted but the garage supplied a brand new cat for it.

As soon as i started the car up it was running lumpy and emmisions light was on but i thought the new cat will sort this.

On the way home the car lost power then when i pulled over and started it up reved to 2000 rpm and had no throttle response, after turning it on and off a few times i got it goping again.

The garage did mention that they had a promlem with the lambda, im going to replace the cat tomorrow and go back to standerd.

will this sort the promlem or is there something else im missing?

172 cup
with the 172s you can disconnect the second sensor and it sorts the emissions light out but in the 182s they have two heater elements in the lamba sensor for some reason :S but once cat back on and you have done a journey over it will sort itself out but you might have to get the code errased off the ecu dude

Matty

im just thinking i might need to replace the lambda, am i right in thinkin its the one closest to the engine that is likely to be away??

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
I know it is the closest one to the engine on the 172 but unsure on the 182 :S

the car is seriously over fueling, im hoping if i get the cat back oon and erase the fault codes that wil sort it, its as if the cars missing, dont think its a coil pack but we will see