ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Make my mind up for me!

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
In 2 minds what to get, Looking at 197's and 182's, They will be rarely used, Just kept clean with subtle mods with the odd track day

Both seem to be around the same price now, Have found a 197 i like with Lux pack, All major works done, Also very keen on the Monaco 172 in the sales section

Help.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
I was in the same boat not long ago.

Looked at 197s as not fan of the 200 front end

Ended up in a 182 trophy.. I do like the 197s but come with fair few bills if not already done.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
The 197 does require deep pockets, both for maintenance and fuel. (I average 19mpg at the mo.)

Test drive both and see what you prefer. The 197 is definitely more “luxurious” but in the same breath it’s also a lot lot heavier.

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
I have a 182 just for track, Iv had 6 other 1*2's (172 flamer van was my favourite) Always fancied a monaco with the subtle turinis, Cup spoiler blah blah blah

The one in the sale section has had engine and gearbox out which worries me a tad but yeah I really like the idea of minting it up

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Loved my 200. So much more spacious inside and the 6 speed box made a big difference for me, compared to 5 in the 1*2’s