ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Make My Mk2 Clio 1.2 8V faster!!? :@

clio mk2 1.2 75hp
ok lets stop posting off-topic guys :) lets talk how to increase whp on 1.2l :) man has asked how to become faster WITH 1.2 :)
get 4-2-1 manifold de-cat
straight through exhaust
skim the head
port polish ports
triple angle valves cut
and if you can find a performance camshaft and inlet manifold and shim it up
port polish throttle body

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
ok lets stop posting off-topic guys :) lets talk how to increase whp on 1.2l :) man has asked how to become faster WITH 1.2 :)
get 4-2-1 manifold de-cat
straight through exhaust
skim the head
port polish ports
triple angle valves cut
and if you can find a performance camshaft and inlet manifold and shim it up
port polish throttle body

Gives you a grand total of +4 bhp for roughly £1500-£2000

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
60bhp and 93nm
0-60mph in 14.5 sec
100mph top speed
45mpg
if you get 45 mpg in it ill be rather annoyed because at 70, motorway i get 43 max!
In my 1.2 i get just about 100 flat and 110 downhill in my 52 reg. Please do get rid of them rear lights though, id love to go smash the rear lights on every clio thst has them no similar! Only way of getting much power in it is by a good service, air induction kits and full exhaue without getting too involved!
​Do what im doing just concentrate on the looks, make it yours as i spraying my rims, backbox, angel lights and a hid kit all in good time!

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Maybe a better option for the OP then. The difference between my 1.2 and 172 insurance was a couple of hundred at the time aswell so i sold the 1.2 and bought my 172!

A DCI 80 with a map would be decent!
DCI had 10 less horses am i right? I was quoted less for that reason, but going on it having a bigger engine, you could probably get more . popower through mods!

CBA to read the whole thread.

Has anyone made the joke about taking the rock out from under the wheels to make it faster yet?

53 Clio's & counting
To be honest, there isn't a huge amount you can do without spending a huge amount of money, after you budget in the increased cost of insurance with modifications.

Removing weight will make it accellerate a little quicker, and if you go carefull you can re-fit it all when you come to sell, but bear in mind the less weight can upset the balance of the car and some different suspension will make it a lot better.

Clio World Series
If it was a 1.8 or 2l then u would turbo convert .its a 1.2 keep for a year then upgrade get experience before u get a fast car lol!

Clio World Series
If u wanted a car too make faster I wouldn't of brought a 1.2 Clio there slow as anything that's what I've been told by me one who had one

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I concur. DCi is a much better choice tbh.

That said across Dartmoor the other night I was keeping up with a 172 fairly easily, so you can still go bloody fast on the twisties, you just need longer to get up to those speeds.

Monaco - 172
Haven't been on here for a while, but I agree with the sentiments of keeping it standard and save up for the future. I've had my 1.2 for about 3-4 years now, and it's been very reliable - more over my insurance is only a few hundred fully comp. Now looking for a 172 or 182 (nice dilemma) but my insurance goes up by about 500.... but still affordable.

Also, my 1.2 8v is a tank. I have gone up the back of some idiots Focus (I obviously didn't know he was a tw*t before I hit him) and all I got was a small crack on my plate - his Focus was a write off