ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

making a DVD. help please.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I used Nero to make a DVD from an mpeg4 video.

Nero did its thing and i chekced it on ym DVD player but it refused to play.

All i want ot do is get some software that will convert any type of videos to that they play on DVD's.

Can anyone help me with a suggestion of some software that works?

I have no idea how to convert the mpeg4 file as i was informed nero would do it all itself?

I have DVD+R 4.7gb/120min DVDs.

ta

172 Cup
Sure you did it right? Sounds like you simply burned the avi and didn't convert it correctly.

Nero.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
this gives me somesort of timeline to add media to to make dvd's? sound right?

i did something different before lol ...

172 Cup
this gives me somesort of timeline to add media to to make dvd's? sound right?

i did something different before lol ...

Click on "Add video files" and then it's a case of clicking next selecting the options you want. At the end it will convert the videos and burn them to dvd.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
coolio i am now 'burning' hopefuly this will work now. :D

172 Cup
coolio i am now 'burning' hopefuly this will work now. :D

It shouldn't be burning anything yet. The conversion process takes time (can be up to a couple of hours depending on the length of the video) before it gets to the burn stage.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
you know what i mean ;)

the video is an hour long and the processing stage is estimated to tkae 28 minutes i think.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
just one final thing.

do i have to put in chapters in a different process before doing what i am doing now? as i saw no option ofr it. prob missed it though.

172 Cup
just one final thing.

do i have to put in chapters in a different process before doing what i am doing now? as i saw no option ofr it. prob missed it though.

I've never bothered with chapters but I guess the option is there somewhere.

1.8 RSI
Try a prog called WINAVI, converts most formats to dvd and is a lot quicker than nero, have a look on the torrent sites if you want it.