ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Making money online? Who does it?

FF RB 182
Just interested to see how many of you make money online.. or try to?

I attempted to.. set up a small site just to see if I could do it, just a small car niche site brand/model specific as i knew a bit about them etc and added a bit of content then i've just let it sit there with some G@@gle @dsense running and have made £120.00 odd in past year from little or no work.

Lacking motivation i just left it, I was planning on trying a few more niche sites just to make a little money and gain some experience but have just let the one site run, I know people who run alot of sites making a decent income, a friend who sadly died in a motorbike accident in Thailand used to make a great living from having multiple sites running adverts but he was great with SEO he taught me the basics.

Cheap to start.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I know someone who does something similar, fascinating stuff but I don't know anything about it..

Got a couple of sites up, doing a similar thing but through affiliate networking rather than targeted ads, they do ok!

I mine bitcoins/litecoins too, technically free money (ignoring power costs).

Nothing at the mo :(
Got a couple of sites up, doing a similar thing but through affiliate networking rather than targeted ads, they do ok!

How does bitcoins work? i looked into it once but seems confusing.. how do you actually make money?

FF RB 182
I know someone who does something similar, fascinating stuff but I don't know anything about it..

It's pretty easy if you have basic html skills etc, plenty of videos on youtube but it does take a long time.

I tried to make some money with the amazon affiliate network have made £0.00, thought I would of made something.. my main plan for the website was get into the eBay partnership program but that's damn hard to get into! What type of affiliate networking? I had a look at the ebook things but didn't really have any suitable.

Never really looked into/understood bitcoins, but i understand is just using your computer to do some computing work and your rewarded with coins?

It's pretty easy if you have basic html skills etc, plenty of videos on youtube but it does take a long time.

I tried to make some money with the amazon affiliate network have made £0.00, thought I would of made something.. my main plan for the website was get into the eBay partnership program but that's damn hard to get into! What type of affiliate networking? I had a look at the ebook things but didn't really have any suitable.

Never really looked into/understood bitcoins, but i understand is just using your computer to do some computing work and your rewarded with coins?

Yep that's what I use, I run Associate-o-Matic frontend mixed in with Wordpress for site news (auto-posted), pages etc.

And yep exactly right with bitcoins, point some software at a remote host and let it run away!

FF RB 182

Yep that's what I use, I run Associate-o-Matic frontend mixed in with Wordpress for site news (auto-posted), pages etc.

So have you got a target product?

And have you pre wrote all of your posts? And how often? Friend told me to post something every single day, relevant to my site even if it doesn't make that much sense to humans it will to someone else ;)

So have you got a target product?

And have you pre wrote all of your posts? And how often? Friend told me to post something every single day, relevant to my site even if it doesn't make that much sense to humans it will to someone else ;)

I target Computer components (and peripherals mainly) [yup huge market, and have 0 chance of getting top, but still pull in people].

I'm lazy at the moment and just have plugins to pull news from selected rss feeds and publish them into posts - it won't do s**t for placing on Google, but it seems ok anyway really.

PM if you want and I'll send you a link over of an example

FF RB 182

I target Computer components (and peripherals mainly) [yup huge market, and have 0 chance of getting top, but still pull in people].

I'm lazy at the moment and just have plugins to pull news from selected rss feeds and publish them into posts - it won't do s**t for placing on Google, but it seems ok anyway really.

PM if you want and I'll send you a link over of an example

Yeah PM coming your way, i'll link you to my site.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I do a little bit on ebay under a different name from my personal account. Only really the missus and my Mum and Dad know about it. Returns decent profit which is the main thing for doing very little.

Sadly I don't have the time nor internet/IT knowhow for anything bigger in regards to money making on the net, add into the fact my job pays well it's not really something i'd want to pursue.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
My mate is doing it, but it will take him 3 years to set up before any money is made.
Not 100% sure what it is ill ask him if u want

Get a webcam - charge men £10 to watch you knock one out into a Timberland boot while dressed as the Fonz. Don't think that's been done yet.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I've dabbled in domain names before, but as with everything online, securing a good'un is hard. I ended up buying some nice sounding names, things that people/I could brand up. Had interest in a number of them and most recently sold one which was a direct contact to me from a chap in Germany - that one was HappyStaff.co.uk

I've got ones like, GetPrinting.co.uk, MoveJobs.co.uk, GoVisit.co.uk, BikeNuts.co.uk etc - I'm going to update some landing pages soon.

If you want to just make money from advertising then a forum is easiest - get the ball rolling and when you have 30,000 users on there all chatting a way you'll see £500-1k a month in google advertising.

Affiliate schemes for links to ebay and amazon are good too as you get a percentage each time someone buys something from a link from your site

Or set up a stupid Facebook page saying you are giving away Maserati's as they are scratched an cannot be sold. Loads of likes by dumb people. Sell page.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
If you want to just make money from advertising then a forum is easiest - get the ball rolling and when you have 30,000 users on there all chatting a way you'll see £500-1k a month in google advertising.

Affiliate schemes for links to ebay and amazon are good too as you get a percentage each time someone buys something from a link from your site

I totally agree with Phil.

Target a niche, like say, DJ'ing?

So, you'd want to buy a domain name which will rank well, like say, www.DJsForum.co.uk

You can buy that off me.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I'm working on those, I did have something a little more eye catching. LOL.

FF RB 182

Yeah a great forum can earn a great income, you just sit back and let the users generate content.. Google picks it up nicely. Easy to create a forum hard to get alot of users and regular input.

FF RB 182
Yeah i'm just having a read now.

I really need to find motivation and add some more content to my site, I just can't be assed.

I normally get home from work and if i'm not seeing the GF or out on the MTB, im watching TV and on the laptop doing nothing much productive... bashing some keys and creating some content could start earning me a little more £££.

How do people find the motivation and drive..

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My bosses son makes upwards of 30K per year for creating random "funny" facebook pages and just getting people to view them. Does the same thing with a website.

Basically, posts for a couple of hours each day and makes a comfortable living out of it.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
My bosses son makes upwards of 30K per year for creating random "funny" facebook pages and just getting people to view them. Does the same thing with a website.

Basically, posts for a couple of hours each day and makes a comfortable living out of it.

Explain?

FF RB 182
Yeah but how do they make money? Your not going to make money by showing a photo of a guy with no head.. unless it takes you to an external site.. with some form of advertising or product placement.

Someone simply going and looking at a Facebook page doesn't make the owner money.. I have a facebook page with over 1,400 likes...

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I had a crack at this a few years ago, running a blog about Guitars, I made a bit of money from Google Adsense, but soon lost the inspiration. Shame, I got quite a few comments about how people enjoyed my writing style and enjoyed what they read, but after a while I soon ran out of guitars and equipment that I cared to write about, and not being hands on enough with things I was reviewing made it difficult to give any real insight that couldn't be found elsewhere.

From what I remember, to really make some money from this takes a lot of patience, often talking in years before you could see any substantial money and you need a real passion in a niche that hasn't already been taken.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah but how do they make money? Your not going to make money by showing a photo of a guy with no head.. unless it takes you to an external site.. with some form of advertising or product placement.

Someone simply going and looking at a Facebook page doesn't make the owner money.. I have a facebook page with over 1,400 likes...

Amateur.... ;)

He has loads of pages each with hundreds of thousands of likes.

And websites, which link to these...with advertising.

FF RB 182
Trying to think of a niche site I can make... Why is it i always have some motivation when i've got other things to do.

So hard finding a decent domain even the crap ones are taken! lol