ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Malcolm wilson Rally, couple of vids too

R27 - 77/500
went for a wander down to c some action today.

was wathcin away and perez pulled up to tell marshals that mikkelson had gone off and was on roof, was starting to get bit cold so decided to walk through stage and find it. damage below.....pretty bad - roll cage had snapped behind driver!

on walking back to the car came across the astra on its roof. driver said he got speed wobble over narrow bridge n lost it doh

couple of vids of paul bird n ste perez on stage start too.

03032007026.gif

03032007028.gif

03032007030.gif

03032007032.gif

03032007034.gif

03032007036.gif

03032007038.gif

03032007039.gif

03032007040.gif

03032007041.gif

vids

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/kenny_lad/?action=view&current=03032007001.flv

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/kenny_lad/?action=view&current=03032007002.flv

172 cup
Excellent! was that up in Greystoke mate? I was watching down at Grizedale but never got any decent pictures

R27 - 77/500
Excellent! was that up in Greystoke mate? I was watching down at Grizedale but never got any decent pictures

cheers DH

yea was greystoke mate, they were bout 2 hrs late comin back form grizedale, u know what happened??

were gonna go to stages by keswick but they had already set off thru due to cocked up times

172 cup

cheers DH

yea was greystoke mate, they were bout 2 hrs late comin back form grizedale, u know what happened??

were gonna go to stages by keswick but they had already set off thru due to c**ked up times
The cars were about half an hour late to start the first stage, and there was a fair delay halfway through grizedale, from what i could make out a car went off and the ambulance had to take somebody away, then they were waiting for another ambulance to get to the wood incase of any other crashes?
we found a cracking place to watch it

Rally bus
I've had a good weekends rallying, went up to M-Sport on Friday and met a few friends, then Malcolm Wilson rally on Saturday then over to Yorkshire for a road rally, got home 7am this morning :dead:

a couple of MWR pics...

csm01.jpg

csm03.jpg

csm02.jpg

csm05.jpg

csm04.jpg

Glacier White 197 Cup
Nice pictures Dan and Gary.

Dan, Derek said that you had gone to watch. I watched both at Graystoke and Grisdale saw some lovely action.

Gary, I know Dave Head who rolled his Swift. Him and his son Steve were the ones who introduced me to road rallying. Have u any more of his car. I heard that night that he had rolled it and that one side of his car was smashed in, but by looking at those pictures it doesn't look too bad?

Rally bus
Gary, I know Dave Head who rolled his Swift. Him and his son Steve were the ones who introduced me to road rallying. Have u any more of his car. I heard that night that he had rolled it and that one side of his car was smashed in, but by looking at those pictures it doesn't look too bad?

It wasn't damaged much, it was a fairly gentle roll. I showed Steve the pics at the road rally on Saturday night, here's the sequence....

head1.jpg

head2.jpg

head3.jpg

head4.jpg

head5.jpg

Glacier White 197 Cup
Did you do the rally on saturday night then? I was all up for going to spectate round about my area but then was told it wasn't going to be passing through till about 3 and I had been up since 6 and was just nackard.

R27 - 77/500
Nice pictures Dan and Gary.

Dan, Derek said that you had gone to watch. I watched both at Graystoke and Grisdale saw some lovely action.

good stuff where abouts where u in greystoke, should of met if id known.

u do road rallying Dan?? u doing westmorland??

Derek was in carlisle on sat night i think but had gone by time i got out, so my sis said anyway

Glacier White 197 Cup
I dont honestly no where exactly at graystoke. All i no is we turned off the A66 with a sign that said Graystoke 3 miles then we headed for about a mile an a half and came to cars just parked on both sides of the verge. so we got out and followed everyone else. We jumped over a gate and walked for 20 mintues down a farmers muddy path onto a random bit of the stage. (I no u wont have a clue where i was)

Av only done one road rally to date that started at Punch Bowl at Bentham (duno if you no where that is) and it finished there aswell. That was in the summer. Is the westworland the one where it starts at Truck Stop at Tebay? Cos I was a Marshall for that one last year. Heres the pic of the car in standard form. All i did was put some 4 point harnesses in, spotlights, front nobbily tyres for mud and gravel but road legal, and bolted a sum guard on but i dont have any pictures of the car with all that on.
100_2192.jpg

100_2218.jpg

Derek was gonna come and watch the rally on saturday but he chickened out cos we left at half 6.

Rally bus
All i no is we turned off the A66 with a sign that said Graystoke 3 miles then we headed for about a mile an a half and came to cars just parked on both sides of the verge. so we got out and followed everyone else. We jumped over a gate and walked for 20 mintues down a farmers muddy path onto a random bit of the stage. (I no u wont have a clue where i was)

You'll have walked past my car then, it was parked right by the gate :eek:

It was the Morecambe rally you did. The Westmorland is in April and usually starts from Tebay.

I was photographing the Ribble Valley one at the weekend, I'm doing the Bolton Clubman one on Saturday night - it's based in Garstang if you want to put a late entry in, I think they have 2 places left?!

Glacier White 197 Cup
I walked past 2 black 172's and 1 silver one. One of the black ones i didn't like. It had K-tec cheese grater for a grill, not nice wheels etc but i take it yours was the nice standard one? Yer Morecambe one I took part in. Av been to alot and just couldn't remember which i actually took part in. And the Westmorland was the one i marshalled in.

Did you see that proper smart evo 6, the navy blue one, with antricite wheels and carbon/grayish skirts,front and rear splitter near the gate? That was fit!!

Rally bus
Yeah mine is standard I was parked in the gateway bit. Do you mean the Evo that was parked right by the gate? That was my friend Marks.

I saw you on Morecambe rally, clattering your sumpguard in a farmyard, I think Scirocco's are a bit low for the whites?!

Glacier White 197 Cup
There are just a bit low.My sumpguard is only a couple of inches of the floor. I was really rubbish through the whites, especially throught the farmyards, cos we hadn't fully understood how to do them by looking at the map cos we hadn't had a lot of training.

R27 - 77/500
yea thats the ones starts in the truck stop at tebay, we done it last two years but just the twelve car not the full rally. were second first year i think n last year got bout 2 miles, was some real good whites n mate got bit excited n smashed sump guard off a stone or summit n holed the sump = seized motor. that was a sierra, got a astra at mo but prob using recently aquired 205

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
wished id look in this section more often i love rally and racing pics, cool pics every one will look at vids later when i have time :)