ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KUX Part 2

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
KUX Part 2

I was ummming and ahhhing about creating a project thread as the level of detail that went in to Andy’s one is phenomenal! But in all honesty the only reason I am doing this is so that I keep track of when I done things and mileages etc etc.

If you want to have a read of Andy’s project thread then have a look on the following link. http://www.clio16valver.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35583

For those of you that are not familiar with this car ill give you a brief spec.

Most things have been replaced with new or refurbished equipment. Andy was very popular at his local Renault lol.

Engine
2.1 over bored Bottom End
Lapel 11:5 High Compression Pistons Standard Rods with ARP bolts
APD Stage 2 Headwork (Port and Polished)
Cat Cam 213 Cam Shafts with Cat Cam Vernier Pulleys (Work Performed @ 519 Automotive)
Jenvey ITB’s (Work Performed @ 519 Automotive)
Chadil Manifold (Work Performed @ 519 Automotive)
Custom Loom (Work Performed @ 519 Automotive)
Canems Standalone Management (Work Performed @ 519 Automotive)
Full Mongoose Exhaust (Work Performed @ 519 Automotive)
K-Tec Racing Mild Steel Supersprint Manifold (Work Performed @ 519 Automotive)
Custom Live Map Peformed by Andy Cutler @ K-Tec Racing Producing Producing 211.9BHP and 180ft/lb
Custom Alloy Radiator
Samco Hoses
Vibra technics Upper and Lower Engine Mounts

Bodywork
New Non Sunroof Skin direct from Renault France £400+
Rust sorted and Full Repray in BMW Carbon Black (February 2012)

Suspension
Clio Williams Widetrack (New Shocks, Wishbones, Refurbed Driveshafts, Power Flex Uprated ARB Bushes)
Gaz Adjustable Rear Shocks

Brakes
Wilwood 4 Pots and Pads
Braided Brake Lines

Wheels
Williams Wheels refurbed in Black with Gold Fleck Paint wrapped in Parada Spec 2’s

Interior
One off all interior plastic sprayed Black
Williams Seats
Williams Clocks and Aux Dials
Megane Window Switches
Barraca Interior Door Handles

Security
Clifford Category 1 Alarm & Immoboliser

I have probably missed some bits but you get the idea lol

Some pictures from Andy’s project thread (thanks again for letting me use them)

FORSALE1_zps20cf24ef.jpg

FORSALE2_zps0da1116c.jpg

FORSALE3_zps9ef902e6.jpg

FORSALE4_zpsf9f21593.jpg

FORSALE5_zps4e35c4b5.jpg

FORSALE6_zpscd5940df.jpg

FORSALE7_zpsb388aae9.jpg

FORSALE8_zpsb5d1acff.jpg

So after talking with Andy for a while about going to view the car the day finally came. Friday 9[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2013.

Friday 9[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2013

I set off nice and early on the train to get to London Paddington and then off down to Bristol Parkway to Andy’s. I arrived to Andy’s about 12.30pm. I was walking down his road when I first got a glimpse of KUX.

1_zps69c7168e.jpg

I met with Andy (top bloke) and proceeded to have a look around the car! The first obstacle was the bonnet catch. As Andy was cleaning the engine bay in preparation for me looking at it he opened the bonnet using the latch and the plastic bit snapped right off! Typical lol. No bother though we soon got into the bonnet in no time.

There was a few small bits of damage that Andy had kindly pictured for me prior to viewing the car so I knew up front what damage was there.

DAMAGE1_zps3afb9cd2.jpg

DAMAGE2_zps53533ae4.jpg

Slight bit of bubbling under the paint :(

DAMAGE5_zpsa1f3f1f4.jpg

DAMAGE6_zpse0d6a69b.jpg

I then took the car on a test drive and was very impressed with how she drove. There was a slight bit of misfire/hesitation under partial throttle but we were unsure if it was down to the oil that was leaking into the spark plug well from the Megane Cam cover or something else maybe map related?

Anyway a deal was made and I was on my way. Thanks again Andy for putting up with me for the afternoon. Hope the new motor in Scotland you are looking at is a good one!

This picture is for my reference this is what mileage I got the car on.

3_zps68b33477.jpg

By this point it was about 4pm and I had a nice long drive back to Essex around the M25 on a Friday afternoon. So I set off.

I took a couple of pictures at Reading Services and South Mimms on the way back.

4_zps2e37f1e4.jpg

5_zps5ec4ca9b.jpg

Whilst I was viewing the car Andy had noticed that there was oil in the spark plug wells which could be causing the misfire / hesitation so I knew that this would need addressing. (Thanks again for being honest and pointing it out mate as I didn’t see it at first). Either the rubber seal on the Megane Cam cover had failed or were Andy had modified the cover to make it fit the Williams Head it was allowing oil to go into the spark plug wells. Because of this I wanted to go back to the original cam cover.

Bass_Direct to the rescue! As I had to drive past his garage I gave him a quick call to see if he had a spare cam cover laying about as I wanted to change it back to try and eliminate the oil leak. He did so I picked up the girlfriend (who isn’t impressed with my latest purchase lol) and went round to see Bass. I was also met by Peter nice to meet you mate.

Anyway had a quick chat with them picked up the cam cover and set off again as I wanted to get home after being up since 5 am.

Not what I had in mind but beggers cant be choosers. Thanks again Bass ;)

6_zpsa32c14d7.jpg

Finally walked through the door at about 8pm! Parked her on the drive and that was that!

Monday 12[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2013

Did not really do anything to the car over the weekend apart from drive it as had a few things planned.

Monday night after work I decided to sack off the gym and get to work on the old girl.

This is the reason why I am changing the cam cover and gasket. Bearing in mind this was only after 5 miles after I had cleaned it so it was losing a bit of oil.

7_zps460c8f27.jpg

What the engine currently looks like

8_zps00c3bf92.jpg

5 Minutes later and I see the things that cause the lovely lumpy idle. Catcams 213’s.

9_zps4f97053b.jpg

That was pretty much all I could do to the car apart from try and mop up as much of the oil as possible. The main reason I did this was so I didn’t get the urge to take it for a spin.

Next I made a start on the lovely cam cover. Slapped a load of nitro morse on it and jet washed it off. That left me with this.

10_zps7815f0de.jpg

Not overly keen on the finish (although it is getting sprayed) I decided to sand blast it to give it a nice even appearance in preparation for the spray job.

That is pretty much it for now.

This is how I left her:

11_zps3fad2394.jpg

Furture Plans:

Fix the oil leak
Fix the Bonnet Latch
Fix the bonnet hinge to slam panel cable
Replace the Interior Door Handles
Replace the Megane Electric Window Switches
Possibly replace the Master Cylinder with a 172 Cup item as this should give a firmer pedal and create less pedal travel
Possible fit an AEM Wideband gauge so I can monitor AFR’s
Oil Change
Spark Plug Change
Coolant Change

Clean her and enjoy her!

Possibly a track day but I'm not 100% sure about that one!

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Lol I don't smash my cars up I just get bored and then break them for parts!

Quite looking forward to not doing a lot of work to this one!

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Thursday 15[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2013

So whilst at work this little gem turned up. A PTFE cam cover gasket off Paddy. Thanks mate.
12_zps19133587.jpg

Also had this sprayed at work to go with the black theme under the engine bay.
13_zpse4aae139.jpg

I then set about cleaning the rest of the oil outside of the spark plug wells. I mopped up as much of it as I could and then removed the plugs to see them in this state.

14_zps8e0d32e2.jpg

15_zpsb31eddef.jpg

16_zps166a586c.jpg

17_zps4705f67d.jpg

I gave them a little clean up and put them back in the car. Quick snap of no more oil in the spark plug wells.

18_zps4d0c3d74.jpg

Spent what seemed like an age cleaning all of the beat blast media out of the inside of the cam cover as I didn’t want any bits getting into the engine. Bit of liquid a brush, then a cloth to wipe it followed by some compressed air. I then fitted the baffle bit for the breather.

19_zps8d749ebb.jpg

PTFE Gasket in Place

20_zpse60e2981.jpg

Cam Cover all on and in place. (Excuse the bodge with the breather and blocking one of them off this is temporary until I can get the necessary pipe work to fit a oil catch tank.

21_zpsc160873e.jpg

Because of the position in of the coil pack and the ht lead numbers not meaning much I am not sure whether I have put them in the correct order. I ignored what was on the ht leads and just put a lead on number 1 on the coil pack to the first spark plug flywheel end. Then number two to the one to the left of the first, then three and so on. It doesn’t appear to missing like it would if the ht leads were on incorrectly.

The main reason for me changing the cam cover gasket and cam cover was because I did not want any oil going on the plugs as I thought this was the cause of the hesitation under partial throttle. Anyway no more oil on the plugs but I have noticed that it only hesitates under partial throttle when hot. When cold it drives fine. So after speaking with a few of the guys C16v I was recommended by Dave to get a set of these plugs as he had a similar issue with Ronee’s old engine and when he changed to these plugs it sorted it out. Hopefully it is this simple for me....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320909958...l?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=320909958174&_rdc=1

So I have now ordered some of these spark plugs so I am waiting for those to arrive so I can fit them hopefully this will cure the problem.

Friday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2013

So I had this little parcel turn up from Bubs&Co. Thanks guys.

22_zps060457c3.jpg

First thing was first I wanted to remove those interior door handles. I set about removing the passenger one and fitting the new ones that Bubs&Co had provided. It was literally on there for 10 seconds before I removed it and put the other ones in place. I much prefer them to the standard ones so these will definitely be staying.

23_zps5d6184f2.jpg

Next was the interior light. This did not work because the switch mechanism was broken so the only way I could get the interior light working was if I opened the door. (Not ideal). I removed the mechanism cleaned it up, put the led bulbs in and played around with the connections on the back so that I could get the LED bulbs to work. It was all working but only when I applied pressure to the back of the plug. I was going to tape it in place or something but my bright spark girlfriend told me to just put it up there as the other plug that was up there would apply enough pressure to make it work. She was right and I don’t like it when she is right when its to do with cars lol. The only problem now is that the led light on the right hand side (the door open one) is light quite dull all the time and I am worried it will drain the battery of the car. I removed it and put a standard one in but if anyone has an ideas that would be a great help.

Before:

24_zps6346646b.jpg

After:

25_zps3256ba7d.jpg

Next on the list was to remove the megane switches. Personally not to my taste so these were removed and standard ones put in place.

Before:

26_zps1c8554f6.jpg

27_zps95401a75.jpg

After: (Forgot to get a picture of the passenger side)
28_zps75db2f6a.jpg

Next on the list was to replace the broken bonnet release catch. This was done quite easily actually. It so much easier than using pliers every time!

29_zpsa3fa4933.jpg

Now for a silly mod just to ensure I don’t forget to put the manual fan switch on for the cooling system. Don’t want the old girl overheating and as she is not my daily these things I am more likely to forget.

Before:

30_zps2da5f930.jpg

After:

31_zpsf7924831.jpg

This is the current location for the fan switch (the central locking switch normally goes here).

So I replaced it with this switch. Unfortunately I have a different plug and the switch the was provided (and the other 5 spare switches I forgot I had) won’t fit). I snapped some of the plastic on the switch so that I could at least fit it and try it but all that did was blow a fuse which I did not figure out until later when I tried to lock the car when I was out (DOH). So maybe I need a different style switch if anyone can help.

32_zpse1d80bd2.jpg

This is just with the switch in place not actually wired up.

33_zps3a287b1a.jpg

Wiring rerun and the fan switch relocated next to the front fog light switch.

34_zps969c3c71.jpg

Next on the agenda was to remove all of the sub and amp wiring as I will not be running this. What I should have checked before I did this was that the speakers were not running off of the amp (which they were) so I currently have no music in the car. Going to need to rewire everything in place with the help of Hybrid_Beeson (he just doesn’t know it yet) lol.

35_zps2bccb765.jpg

All the stuff removed from the car. Sub and Amp is for sale (don’t know what they are worth so hit me up with offers ;) )

36_zps4246848d.jpg

Finally the last part of the update. Andy kindly provided me with a blank key and spare fob for the alarm so I thought it would be wise to get it cut before encase I lose the only cut key that I have.

37_zps6c6e7612.jpg

So from my list earlier in the thread.

Fix the oil leak - Complete
Fix the Bonnet Latch - Complete
Fix the bonnet hinge to slam panel cable – Need to do any ideas where to get the cable?
Replace the Interior Door Handles – Decided against it as the current ones look better
Replace the Megane Electric Window Switches - Complete
Possibly replace the Master Cylinder with a 172 Cup item as this should give a firmer pedal and create less pedal travel – Need to look into this further
Possible fit an AEM Wideband gauge so I can monitor AFR’s – Need to remove the exhaust to do this will be later in the year
Oil Change – Going to do this once I have ensured I have fixed the oil leak
Spark Plug Change – Awaiting Spark Plugs
Coolant Change – When I do the oil change

More updates soon

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Good update... although i still dont see the point in a manual fan switch.... but meh peace of mind i suppose!

Do love how Mk1's on here still dont get as much interst as a tracked up 172. Even a car to this standard.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Good update... although i still dont see the point in a manual fan switch.... but meh peace of mind i suppose!

Do love how Mk1's on here still dont get as much interst as a tracked up 172. Even a car to this standard.

I don't know if it was set up to come in not to sure if its run off the standalone or not. need to look into it as I don't like the fact that it does not automatically come in.
I know it does make me die. I got more interest in my other project thread (although not as much as it still retained a mk1 engine)
Oh well cant please everyone lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
no one's that bothered about mark 1's as they don't own them and probably never will. they are no longer a viable option really as so few left.

if I was 17 and had a 1.2 mark 2 i'd be trolling the 172/182 thread as well as logically it would be the car I was aiming to buy next to mod so I would be looking for ideas.

shame but its the way it is :(

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
no one's that bothered about mark 1's as they don't own them and probably never will. they are no longer a viable option really as so few left.

if I was 17 and had a 1.2 mark 2 i'd be trolling the 172/182 thread as well as logically it would be the car I was aiming to buy next to mod so I would be looking for ideas.

I suppose that makes sense. Oh well there will only be a few of us supporting the mark 1's lol

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Only just spotted this! Love a tidy mk1 :)

This will guve ne something to read over on my way to newcastle!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

I think the terminal broke at the ECU plug, or the wire pulled out or something.....I can fix that easy if it comes in

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
I think the terminal broke at the ECU plug, or the wire pulled out or something.....I can fix that easy if it comes in

Im working in Cambridge again (yesterday, today and tomorrow). I will try and pop over today or tomorrow for a chat. Unfortunately I have the hire car my boss didn't want to pay my fuel for using this one. Im also off next week so maybe I can sort out popping down one day dependant on if you have time.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Friday 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] August 2013

Not an amazing update but I bought some new spark plugs (same as an Aston Martin Vantage) as I wanted to rule out my spark plugs being the issue for the hesitation.

38_zps9b58407c.jpg

Unfortunately they miss packed and only sent me 7 luckily I only need 4 ;)

39_zps3c5fe241.jpg

Monday 26[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2013
First job on the list was to clean the dirty air filter that protects the trumpets! I had noticed a few days previous that the trumpets looked a bit dirty. I had removed the airfilter to try and explain to the other half how it all works..........in the end she nodded and agreed lol.

Removed:
40_zpsde614a99.jpg

Cleaning:
41_zps72d133a6.jpg

Dirty Trumpets:
42_zps166ba859.jpg

I then got distracted and thought about changing the spark plugs. I have got the mileage written down somewhere when I changed them so need to dig that out to put in here.

You can see the difference between the old and new spark plugs below.

43_zps83f3082a.jpg

And the damage from the day. Note to self do not try and refit a mk 1 bonnet on your own whilst trying to pop the hinges in the correct place to get the circlips on.....FAIL

44_zpsb1c8d9f8.jpg

Tuesday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2013

Got back on track with cleaning the trumpets today:

45_zps7aa9a809.jpg

I had also borrowed a syncrometer off of a guy at work so that I could check that the bodies where balanced as this could also possibly be another factor for the hesitation (maybe I don’t know).

Cylinder 1:
46_zps8a66c8cd.jpg

Cylinder 2:
47_zps823649fd.jpg

Cylinder 3:
48_zps11a0fe62.jpg

Cylinder 4:
49_zps972a3dbe.jpg

As you can see Cylinder 2,3 and 4 are fine where as number 1 was slightly out. So I adjusted it so it was back in line with the others.

50_zps7983a64b.jpg

Whilst working on the car these little gems turned up!
51_zps5c6a8ac5.jpg

These are what I am going to use to run my oil catch tank as this engine needs one. I'm fed up with cleaning oil off of the inlet manifold where it is dripping from the oil breather filter.

Well it started off like this:
52_zps07703f41.jpg

53_zps358f908e.jpg

And ended up something like this:
54_zpsc9e54bbb.jpg

Much better.

I run the pipework for the oil catch tank and then removed the front engine eye hoist point so that I could mount the oil catch tank in its position. I fitted the air filter and gave it s quick spray using this stuff.

55_zpsf91ac7c5.jpg

So that was the spark plugs changed and the bodies balanced and hopefully my hesitation under partial throttle cured.

Friday 30[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2013

Still trying to sort the remaining bits out for the Surrey Rolling Road day with the C16v and CS guys. I started working on the car again.

I had made a new cable for the slam panel to bonnet hinge (prevents the bonnet hitting the front grill but my first attempt wasn’t up to the job!

[/URL]

I wasn’t happy with the fan switch as it looked out of place and not OE so I destroyed my spare heater controls

57_zps77d2d051.jpg

To make this

58_zps84aef69e.jpg

In place looking pretty OE:

64_zpscb907d68.jpg

Then I taped on some new numbers to the ht leads so that I wouldn’t have to worry about putting the wrong lead on the wrong cylinder.

59_zps385aba9d.jpg

Fitted my HT lead tray, run the ht leads in there, did the screw mod so that you don’t have to use the crappy plastic screws that always fall out and fitted my F16 ie cover.

60_zps98640ddc.jpg

Looking a lot better know although I am not happy with the F16ie cover it looks tatty so after the rolling road this will be removed and resprayed.

Next job was to remove the scuttle panel.

Two reasons for doing this:

1. Danny@519 had said that he believes that the fan does not cut in on its own because a wire may have pulled out of its connection on the ecu so I wanted to investigate this.
  2. I wanted to extend the wiring for the serial port so that I could run it to inside the car. (If I ever need to plug a laptop in)

Scuttle off:

61_zps8f53f94a.jpg

New extended cable:

62_zpsc4feee6c.jpg

Screwed in to place:
63_zpsc0ca9f97.jpg

I did have a look at the wiring and it does look like one has snapped (forgot to picture DOH). I did ring Danny to confirm with him and we both think that this is the culprit. I'm just waiting for Danny to send me over the wiring diagram of the ECU so I can confirm that this is the correct pin for the fan switch as the last thing I want to do is blow the ECU up!

So put that all back together and carried on with my next job.

I then decided to get rid of these:

65_zpsd0b40048.jpg

And replace with these:
66_zpse24b4bb6.jpg

Much better IMO but I know not to everyone’s taste.

Little picture of how I left her:

67_zps362b169e.jpg

Saturday 31[SUP]st[/SUP] August 2013 SURREY ROLLING ROAD DAY

So it was the day of Surrey Rolling Road. I got up nice and early picked my mate up and then drove up to meet Bass, Laine and Kirstie. Had a good old drive up there with Bass chasing a new C63 AMG (and overtaking I might add). It was a funny drive.

Handed the keys over and off onto the roller she went.

69_zps08f5fcda.jpg

I might add this was the only photo I got!

Here is the video of the graph. I believe bass got one of the car being run up on the rollers if you have got that mate sling it over

th_97703223-C369-430D-945F-9FDB014167EB-117-00000000D064CE5A_zps0b92959f.jpg

Overall very pleased with the figures although I'm not too happy with the AFR’s she is running a little bit rich for my liking. I do however believe that the lambda sensor may be the culprit as the partial throttle hesitation was really bad on the way back from the rolling road as the car was hot! So plan is to change that and see how it goes. I may look into a remap if the afr’s are still out on the next rolling road. If I do look into a remap then I am probably going to change something that should hopefully give her a few more horses.

Anyway the graphs:

BHP and Ft/Lb:
79_zpsd09e601c.jpg

BHP and AFR’s:
80_zpsaadf5b5f.jpg

ATW Figure:
81_zps3c6ad284.jpg

Thursday 5[SUP]th[/SUP] September 2013

This isn’t really worthy of an update but none the less. As my first attempt at the bonnet hinge to slam panel wire failed I thought I would get one of the welders to heat the wire up a bit to create a blob so it doesn’t pull through.

70_zps476fa8cd.jpg

Sunday 8[SUP]th[/SUP] September 2013

I have decided to get my front offside wing resprayed as it has a bit of chipped paint (that is progressively getting worse due to speed bumps and the wheel hitting the arch occasionally). This damage was already here when I bought the car but I have since made it worse lol.

I sold my last engine out of my old project to clio_eggy who is a sprayer from Cardiff. I got talking to him a couple of weeks ago about repainting the wing for me as I could potentially drive it over to him the week I'm at Bristol (this week). He sorted me out a really good price so I set about removing the wing from the car.

Before I started:
71_zps22288313.jpg

Wheel off arch liners out:
72_zpsc48bb78d.jpg

Wing off:
73_zps9ec9abc8.jpg

Was quite pleased it only took 15-20 minutes including jacking up the car and getting all the tools. Happy days.

Back on the floor:
77_zpsf096d1f0.jpg

Poor car looking sorry for itself lol:
78_zps5745ce68.jpg

Whilst I was at the car I thought I would try out my revised bonnet hinge to slam panel wire. I fitted it and let the bonnet hang under its own weight and it didn’t pull through. I then applied a bit of pressure to it to put it under more tension and all seemed good.

Its the perfect length and does not foul against any of the paint work happy days.

74_zpsafc5b9b4.jpg

75_zps20f01219.jpg

76_zps8b71ea87.jpg

So the plan for tonight is to finish work, go gym, eat, drive to Cardiff, meet Tom drive back and sleep lol. Especially as I was up at 4.45am to drive to Bristol this morning.

The plan is then to pick up my freshly painted wing on Thursday before I go home and then meet some of the welshies down the pub. Well I'm meeting Banana Arms, James, Alex, Tom and Dave god I'm going to feel outnumbered lol.

Just a quick little recap of my list:

Fix the oil leak - Complete
Fix the Bonnet Latch - Complete
Fix the bonnet hinge to slam panel cable – Complete
Replace the Interior Door Handles – Decided against it as the current ones look better
Replace the Megane Electric Window Switches - Complete
Possibly replace the Master Cylinder with a 172 Cup item as this should give a firmer pedal and create less pedal travel – Need to look into this further
Possible fit an AEM Wideband gauge so I can monitor AFR’s – Need to remove the exhaust to do this will be later in the year
Spark Plug Change – Complete
Change Lambda Sensor – When I next get under the car

Only a few more things to do and one more added.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Monday 9[SUP]th[/SUP] September

I had put the wing in the hire car and travelled up to Bristol (where I was working this week). It was a long day and an early start. After doing a full days work I headed over to meet clio_eggy (Tom) (1 hour drive). I drove over into Wales which was a nice drive and met up with him (after getting lost as I couldn’t pronounce the road names) lol.

So I met Tom for the second time after he came down to pick my old track car engine up. Big Mike was also there aswell. I had a bit of a chat with them whilst Tom started prepping the wing. An hour later after chatting away Tom got the wing to this stage.

82_zpsce38aa3e.jpg

I was pretty much dead to the world at this point as it was about 9.30pm and I had left at 4.45am this morning and I still had an hour’s drive back to the hotel.

So I set off leaving the wing in Tom’s capable hands.

The next day I got a text from tom showing that he had got the wing to this stage and it was ready for paint. Happy days! The boy don’t hang about.

83_zps5dc99858.jpg

The plan was that I would collect the wing Thursday night before I go home on Friday morning. Whilst I was over there I thought I would meet the welshies down the pub for a catch up as I hadn’t seen Alex and James in a while. Dave was also meant to be coming but unfortunately couldn’t make it in the end.

Thursday 19[SUP]th[/SUP] September

So after work I headed back over to Wales to meet up with guys, collect my wing and go for some food with the guys.

I was a bit baffled by this on my drive up there this was going down the M5. It was raining aswell which made it a bit more funny! TBH that is something I would have expected to see in Wales haha.

85_zps58a7d401.jpg

I arrive to meet the guys and I'm handed this:

84_zpsa91c1738.jpg

I am really happy with the work that Tom has done. Hats off to him. A quick turnaround as well and was very well priced! I cannot grumble at all. Thanks again mate really appreciate it.
So after that I put the wing in Jaykays car as we were going down to the pub in my motor as it was the biggest and could fit us all in.

Went down to the weatherspoons, had some grub and a pint, saw some interesting characters, took the piss out of Jaykay a bit, took the piss out of Alex’s Nephew/cousin a bit. Dropped the guys off and then drove home. I think I finally got in about 12.20 or something. I was cream crackered but it was definitely worth it and I will be doing it again next time I'm down that way and if the guys are up for it. Cheers guys and thanks again Tom for the outstnding work you did. Highly recommended guys and girls so if you are close to him then I would definitely drop him a pm if you want some work doing!

Oh yeah I forgot to say this has to be the biggest fail of the night even worse than the celica transporting a sofa haha.
2 hours to drink a pint Jaykay shame on you! Lol #WELSHFAIL

86_zps5838d03c.jpg

So a couple more things to add to the already growing list:

Change Lambda Sensor – When I next get under the car
Fit the new wing
Send the car to Danny@519

I have also been in talks with Dann@519 and the plan is to send the car in to him to sort out a few issues. So this will be happening once I have some spare cash I can throw at the car.

Unfortunately I still haven’t fitted the wing on the car. With work getting busier and a new qualification I am starting taking up a lot of my time I haven’t got the opportunity to work on the car as much as I would like but oh well its getting cold wet and dark so I'm not too fussed if I do.

More updates soon.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Managed to loose a load of photos as lost my phone so haven't updated the thread, Im hoping I have backed them up. More updates soon and hopefully a really good one next Wednesday/Thursday as the car is going in to Danny @ 519 to have a few things tweeked! Cant wait!

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
KUX is now safely in the hands of Danny @ 519. More updates tomorrow when I get her back!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Agreed, people find threads more interesting if its a car they directly relate to.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I think the wideband at SRR is reading wrong, as it's the same AFRs here on mine as it was when orignially mapped

904100_573862462667579_1562179475_o.jpg

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I've already had a chat with Charlie about it. Don't know why the result was like that there.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
All I can say is driving the car back it was like a completely different car! It was so smooth and felt perfect! So happy with the work Danny done! Thanks again mate

Will update the thread soon!

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Need to update this! Will be a big update soon as she is coming back on the road after being declared sorn during the winter months. Few more little trick things have gone on.