ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Management Light?

Clio 182
Hi,

Im new to the forum and have only owed my 182 a few days....

Basically I was driving this morning and the orange engine light has come on (the one on the right of the console) Does anybody know what this light is?

Its the same as the one in the middle of the console which has stop! written over it, but obviously doesnt say this just has the engine image.

the car doesnt seem to drive any different...

any advice would be great!

Paul

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Sport
Get it to a garage with diagnostic machine, they'll hook it up and see what's wrong.

This has just happened to me, mine needs a new lambda sensor (still drives ok like yours, but can affect fuel economy over a while).

That light can indicate quite a lot of different things though! Good luck :)

Clio 172 RS2
Emmission fault... (Bad CO!)

Perhaps a sensor somewhere...

Perhaps wiring of the FWB...

I had it too, after some time the engine ECU fault light comes on (Microwave symbol) and the engine sets into it's emergency loop (below 3.000 r/pm only).

Go have it diagnosed... (29 Euro)

BG V6, LY 182
Get it on a diagnostic machine and they should tell you the problem.
However, let them reset it, and see if it comes back on. Mine hasnt came back on since it got reset, 3 month ago now.

Also, not sure if it works but, if you disconect the battery it will reset all the faults, thus turning the light out until the fault occurs again? Dont hold me to that though, and if trying, make sure you have the radio code.