ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mandiant virus Help

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
everything was good on my laptop was just uploading some dropbox stuff and bosh i get this

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/mandiant-virus-removal/

problem is everywhere says to remove it you need to get into safe mode, but i cant.
i hit safe mode and the computer loads a load of files, goes onto the w7 login screen and instantly comes up with shutting down. it then restarts.

help!

Clio RS 172 cup
Rofl at system restore, Never bloody works for me never has, I agree with andy hirens boot cd is a good bit of kit, Ive used it several times for all sorts password recovery,memory checks, hard drive checks and one of the awesome things about it is it runs windows from memory, so you can access your drives and make significant changes as those files will not be in memory being used as is normally the case.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ok manage to do a system restore (first time in my life) and it worked, im using my laptop now.
I managed to get into the restart area using f8

thanks for all the suggestions, I do have the W7 install disc somewhere