ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manifold need replacing or not!?

Clio sport 182
So I've finally got some photos of the manifold onto the cat problem. As you can see the right hand hole on the manifold does not have a spring and bolt kit and the hole in the manifold where it locates, looks bigger than normal I may be wrong I've never seen a Clio sport one before.

The one on the right looks as if it's bent outwards and if I was to bend it back straight looks as if it would possible snap. I'm wanting to put a Milltek straight through on in the next couple of weeks so im wondering would I get a seal or is it
Going to blow it's blowing now but I'd imagine that's due to only one side being bolted up.

Is the side that is bolted up a bodge job? Looks like it. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    340.3 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    340.3 KB · Views: 95
  Clio sport 182
I thought as much, where is the best exhaust place around northeast? I would imagine a new one would be a fair few quid!?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
2nd hand 182 manifolds are about £130 but its fitting them that's the pain in the ass, the sub frame has to be removed or the engine.

Best bet would be to get the flange replaced.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've managed to get the manifolds out by dropping the back of the subframe but it's an absolute prick of a job.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Mine rotted away also metal is absolute garbage, get a exhaust place to add a new flange.

I welded a couple of nuts on to mine and used some threaded bar as a quick fix, still going strong now.

Pics of the cat end but you get the idea.
picture.php

Clio sport 182
Mine rotted away also metal is absolute garbage, get a exhaust place to add a new flange.

I welded a couple of nuts on to mine and used some threaded bar as a quick fix, still going strong now.

Pics of the cat end but you get the idea.
picture.php

Did you get a good seal!? No leaks at all!? Thanks for the advice lads.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
my only bit of advise would be don't cut corners with this as it will be an on-going issue.
Bodge-month later-
bodge more-repeat

Clio sport 182
my only bit of advise would be don't cut corners with this as it will be an on-going issue.
Bodge-month later-
bodge more-repeat

I'm going to bite the bullet I think and buy a new one. Does the subframes need removed or just dropped slightly!? Can you leave the subframe bolts in?

Clio sport 182
Yeah sealed up fine, used a new gasket also.

Any good exhaust place will be able to fix that for you and get everything lined up.

Think I'm just going too replace the cat, think a second hand one will do the job? Or should I push the boat out and get a brand new one!?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Think I'm just going too replace the cat, think a second hand one will do the job? Or should I push the boat out and get a brand new one!?

Second hand one should be fine, I don't know how much new ones are but I imagine crazy money.