ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manifold or cone filter?

Clio sport 182
I've got a 197 with a k&n cone air filter & the guy before me put a new toyosports manifold on. It's pretty loud which is ok but I want it to sound almost quiet... Would it be the manifold or the cone making it roar?! It feels like it's coming from the centre of the foot well where the manifold is? At the min it sounds very boy racer so to speak! Also would either of these make any diff to the mpg as I'm only getting around 29mpg?!

2014 Clio 200t edc
29-30 mpg isn't bad, especially with a manifold and induction kit on.
I would think the manifold has made it sound like that, the induction kit will give a roar, but the manifold adds a rorty raspy sound usually. (I could be wrong though)

The toyosport manifold removes the precat built into the standard manifold. This acts as a obstruction and reduces exhaust noise throughout the rev range.
The cone filters are pointless, this would be the first thing I would remove.
Its also worth checking if the engine or exhaust mounts have been uprated as this can increase noise massively, if its coming from the centre of the foot well
it probably has a uprated polyurethane gearbox/dogbone mount.

Clio sport 182
Ok great thanks, il change the cone back to the original & see what difference before I go down the exhaust manifold route.

Clio sport 182
Haha when I 1st bought it last month,the mpg was 34!! I used to get 33 from my 182 which was good to say I used it like I was on a track!:stig:... Yea the stock manifold cracked so they put the toyo on. I'm changing the cone this wkend so hopefully I may hear a change.

Clio sport 182
So went to change it today... & forgot about the cold air pipes!! Does anyone know where best to get them or is anyone selling any on here?