ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

manifold to cat bolts

LY R26 #288
hoping to get my new fitting kit tomorrow for the manifold to cat joint, just wondered if you do the spring loaded bolts up to the end of the threads?

LY R26 #288
i received the kit from northwest performance and ended taking it to an exhaust place, now it sounds even worse than it did! Under acceleration it sounds like its blowing/rattling really bad! It sounds horrible :(

Clio 182 cup
Have the same issue with mine, gonna order a proper one from Renault now though. I know it's £40+ but if it does the job properly and that.

If you pay less than around £25.00 for the kit and it's non Renault, you will be buying another one in the near future.

The non renault kits are poor fitting and cr@p quality. Buy Cheap, Buy Twice is applicable in this instance!!!

Clio Sport 172 MK2
hi all, i pickedmy new clio up ast week and its had a new cat fitted and within a couple of days it sounded awful like a tractor. do you think this is the reason why? ive told the garage i think its the reason and they are going to order a renault one. tight buggers put the old one or a cheap one on.

Looking for 182
Does anyone have the part number for this? My exhaust sounds stupid at the moment because I went for the cheap kit from NWP.

ph2 172,2010 transit
just checked mine was £22.50 + vat worked out £27 part number is 6000073668 thats for a ph2 172 non cup
hope this helps

FF 182
when i fitted my miltek back in November i thought i would do a proper job and fit a new cat manifold gasket so i got one from NWP. I changed it and fitted the new exhaust and there was a hissing sort of zzzzz'ing noise under load above 3k, so did a bit of investigation and found this thread so i thought right i'll buy a genuine one. I fitted the renault one the other day and it was initially better but the noise soon came back. Does anyone know that when it is fitted right you shouldn't be able to see the gasket ring once all the bolts have been done up? Im thinking of putting the old gasket back in that must have done the best part of 70k and using that with the new bolts because the old gasket seems to fit better.

On a little side note, when i fitted my miltek i bought all new hangers as well from NWP and their shagged already, the rubber on the centre hanger has just about gone through, has anyone had experience of NWP of genuine ones, and is it another case of buy cheap buy twice?

when i fitted my miltek back in November i thought i would do a proper job and fit a new cat manifold gasket so i got one from NWP. I changed it and fitted the new exhaust and there was a hissing sort of zzzzz'ing noise under load above 3k, so did a bit of investigation and found this thread so i thought right i'll buy a genuine one. I fitted the renault one the other day and it was initially better but the noise soon came back. Does anyone know that when it is fitted right you shouldn't be able to see the gasket ring once all the bolts have been done up? Im thinking of putting the old gasket back in that must have done the best part of 70k and using that with the new bolts because the old gasket seems to fit better.

On a little side note, when i fitted my miltek i bought all new hangers as well from NWP and their shagged already, the rubber on the centre hanger has just about gone through, has anyone had experience of NWP of genuine ones, and is it another case of buy cheap buy twice?

I've taken mine back along with one from another trader on this site ended up with 2 sets the bolts are to short
I watched the lads at BTB fit the exhaust and TBH doing it with 3 of them and using the proper Renault kit looked a real ar*e ache
One held the Cat and down pipe in the correct position while the other 2 fitted the bolts and tightened them up, wouldn't fancy doing it on ramps on the drive, althought the 182 manifold/cat is in a better position than the 172 unit.

Regards Russ...........

Clio RS 182
bump for the question above?

I have warranty with evans halshaw, and they fitted a cat-mani fitting kit and its poor, doesn't even look new and still makes a bad sound.

Tbh i dont think people on here are fitting these properly. Surely the task must only require a certain amount of common sense, if the gasket fits flush then it should not leak if tightened correctly. Im having another fitted soon by myself and a mechanically minded friend, so i'll see how that goes.

and no, i ain't paying Evans Halshaw 40 odd quid for a couple of bolts and a pathetic gasket

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
If I was about to change this kit I'd make sure to throw in some exhaust paste in the area, that would do no harm right? and will ensure no air leaks

LY R26 #288
If I was about to change this kit I'd make sure to throw in some exhaust paste in the area, that would do no harm right? and will ensure no air leaks

Shouldnt put exhaust paste before the cat iirc. It can find its way into the cat and nacker it. Thats what I've always been told.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
that surely makes sense, didn't knew that! but if I was having leaks after fitting the NW kit I'd still try it and be careful not to apply in excess and probably to the outer edge area of the gasket. just a thought though

ITB'd MK1

That would be pretty pointless as it's a flexi-joint

When the gasket is new, you should be able to see some of it, as it wears the flanges get closer together and the springs slacken.

FF 182
You should have a go yourself mez, 'surely 'if a respected garage can't do it its not as easy as wiping ur a**e

Rip - I've read somewhere on here that putting paste pre cat isn't to friendly on the blighter

421 Cammed 172
Dont forget theres West Renault in the traders section. Had mine from there for £23 i think.

LY R26 #288
That would be pretty pointless as it's a flexi-joint

When the gasket is new, you should be able to see some of it, as it wears the flanges get closer together and the springs slacken.

Yeah I could see a tiny bit of the gasket when I tightened all my bolts up.

Clio RS 182
You should have a go yourself mez, 'surely 'if a respected garage can't do it its not as easy as wiping ur a**e

Rip - I've read somewhere on here that putting paste pre cat isn't to friendly on the blighter

who is the respected garage?

I will be having a go!