ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

March Photography Competition - Minimalism

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Tonys won the last competition with the shot below:

Tonys_zpsc2a903f3.jpg

This month he has picked the theme Minimalism, as always check flickr for idea's and inspiration!

So - Entries close on the 24th March

The Rules:

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You MUST flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on. Only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted.

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within this year.

- If you want to change your entry, you MUST PM me (jenic) before the closing date.

- If you haven't followed the above rules don't come moaning when your picture isn't in the voting thread.

The Winner will win a special ClioSport.net goody bag and pick the April theme!

Good luck !!

Before this months comp can we have some clarification on the rues of entering, following on from last month Am I right in thinking you don't actually have to enter to take part?

I've just noticed that the winning picture wasn't included in the monthly thread? A late entry maybe?

No such thing according to the rules above? It says all pics have to be marked clearly as ENTRY! I won't enter this month but I might just win it;)

It was entered, but not in the thread. I apologise for any confusion or offence in not posting it in the thread may have caused. Ill be sure to try harder to comply with the rules in future months.

It was entered, but not in the thread. I apologise for any confusion or offence in not posting it in the thread may have caused. Ill be sure to try harder to comply with the rules in future months.
Certainly no offence taken mate and certainly no confusion either it simply wasn't a valid entry full stop. It does affect the integrity if such competitions when entries appear out of no where. I can only assume some underhand pm'ing went on which whilst I don't blame you for trying.... When accepted as a 'valid' entry undermines it for everyone else.

its the last I'll say on the subject :)

Tony I don't think its much of a defence that you didn't get caught before!

But yes I agree time to move on:)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not really seeing the two shots above as minimalist, and in reality, mine is probably a bit too busy.
In my opinion anyway.

I'm not really seeing the two shots above as minimalist, and in reality, mine is probably a bit too busy.
In my opinion anyway.

Its a hard thing to get 'right', in my opinion. Offering up as little as possible but still telling a story, good use of negative space etc. I have a few ideas but no idea if I will nail them in the next 3 weeks!

His face made me actually lol! That'd be a great avatar! Infact, I took the liberty...

Untitled-1.jpg

I pulled it off Flickr to make that - it's a lovely crisp image mate.